Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 29th April 2013, 20:26
HowtoForge Supporter

Default Dell Remote Access Card (DRAC) Alert E-mails Setup

I have two hardware nodes, call them HW1 and HW2. Inside HW1 I have installed five virtual servers, one for mail, two name servers, and two web/db servers. HW1 has the primary ISPConfig CP installed in it.

HW1 OS: CentOS 6.4
HW2 OS: CentOS 6.4
Virtual OS: Debian Squeeze
ISPConfig 3: v3.0.5.2

HW2 has three servers, one that is a combo server with mail, web, and db. The other two are name servers.

HW1 has a DRAC installed, and I have been trying to get alerts working. What I would like to do is to have the DRAC send email alerts through my mail server on HW2. This way, if HW1 goes down, I will still get the alert.

Is there a secure way to allow my DRAC to send emails through my mail server on HW2?

Thank you,
Darin
Sponsored Links
Old 19th June 2013, 19:36
HowtoForge Supporter

Just in case someone finds this post way down the road, and wants to have their DRAC send emails through one of their mail servers, here is the answer:

Modify your main.cf file in /etc/postfix. On the mynetworks line include the IP address for the DRAC.

Last edited by darinpeterson; 19th June 2013 at 19:36. Reason: correction