Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 6th June 2013, 12:22

Exclamation Chaning the way ispconfig behaves with different setup changes

Hello, sorry knowing my luck this will be the wrong place to post this.

This question is for distro wide. However I am testing this on Debian 8.0 (there version number is unrelated) but I was trying with latest stable.

I am interesting in understanding the way to change ispconfig to reconfigure to new server setups

An example would be:

I don't want to use apache anymore, and use nginx instead. How can I allow ispconfig to understand this change

OR

I no longer want to use a server as a dns server. How can I stop ispconfig from offering me dns services on the server that has no dns server.

I use multi server and single server setups.

The options I would like to have are only available in a new installation (as i have tried an upgrade and i can only reconfigure services it thinks i have, and not pick a fresh group)

Please advise

Regards Steve
Sponsored Links
Old 6th June 2013, 14:46

It's better to have the setup you want when you install ISPConfig - it configures various bits for you during the install. Something such as jailkit can't really be practically installed after ISPconfig without a reinstall.

Moving from apache -> nginx might easier to just remove ISPC, remove apache, install nginx, reinstall ISPC.

If you just want to disable some services, you can do that through the control panel:
System > Server Services > your.server
Untick the services you don't want anymore.

I don't think this removes the services, just disables them.
The Following User Says Thank You to ItsDom For This Useful Post:
Section58 (20th October 2013)