Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 29th May 2013, 17:26

Default Copy Courier-Imap Mails from another ISP-Panel

I used ispcp before. Be glad to have ispconfig now.

So here is my Question:
I have used the Howto for Debian7 and dovecot. If i go to my systemsettings in ispconfig, i can choose between dovecot and courier.

By default, dovecot was choosed. But for keep migration from ispcp simple, i would like to use courier to migrate my mails.

Can i only switch dovecot to courier, or have i to do some additional work to make this switch work?

Is there a need to create other Directorys?

In best case, i would like to migrate all Mail-Username and passwords to ispconfig... is this possible?

I also would use dovecot, but I'm affraid, that migrating is not such easylike 1-2-3.
Sponsored Links
Old 29th May 2013, 22:31

Lightbulb Possible Solution.

Use imapcopy tool like:

http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-mig...-with-imapcopy

Select password field on your old system and update on new system if storage using the same crypt function i belive yes itīs not md5.

Use soap RPC ispconfig functions to make automation process of account creation. You need match all on mysql tables of ispcp and use this information to send data to RPC soap ispconfig i do simillar things on past itīs the best way todo. I migrated from postfixadmin.