Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 21st May 2013, 16:54

Default Problem with KVM on Ubuntu 12.04

Hello everyone.
I am new to this forum and also to Linux. After some reading I adapted the howto for KVM on Ubuntu 12.04 for the use by our company. Also I added a shell script that creates the VMs with minimal user input.
Everything worked fine up untill today. I created several VMs, started them, made backups of them and deleted them without problems. Today I created four new VMs in order to mimic a configuration used by one of our customers. I was able to start the first two and to log into them as usual using WinSCP. The third (and all others I tried after that) was installed and started normaly but I was unable to log in. I get a Network error.
What could be the reason? I did everything as allways (using a shell script...) and still the outcome is unusual...

Help would be realy apreciated!
Sponsored Links