Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 22nd April 2013, 09:09

Exclamation Re-install Master on a multi-server setup

Hello,

We are currently in the middle of moving around our servers to a new virtual environment.
We always had ispconfig in a multi-server mirrored setup without any issues.

however the problem i ran into:

Our master server now has to move.
i figured it can't be as easy as the slaves where i just remove it off panel, install panel on slave and press resync.

So.. i looked up some migration guides.. unfortunatly their quite incomplete and outdated.. but still feeds enough information to get most of the job done:

however now i run into issues with amavis, i'm fairly sure it has the wrong password configured for the ispconfig user.. where is this set? and how to change it?

Another issue seems to be related to PHP FCGI.
It only seems to affect some sites but not others.. it produces the error:

[Mon Apr 22 02:00:46 2013] [warn] [client 157.56.93.51] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
[Mon Apr 22 02:00:46 2013] [error] [client 157.56.93.51] Premature end of script headers: index.php

-------------> It seems to occur randomly looking in the log it happens sometimes, then good for a while then again issues sometimes.

Ofcourse for the time being i switched it to php-mod instead of FastCGI.
I wonder if this is a issue duo to migration, if so what is it? or can it be caused by the panel upgrade i did before migrating? (with the older panel ispconfig configured it with fastcgi module and now it seems to do it directly with php-fpm, is there anything i need to set to older sites?)

I have added the "steps" i took in the .txt file.
Also any tips on how to migrate more efficient is welcome !

Regards,
Marco
Attached Files
File Type: txt Migration guide.txt (1.4 KB, 39 views)