Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 2nd April 2013, 11:40

Question Cannot access IPSConfig 3 control panel

Hi guys,

I followed "The Perfect Server" guide (http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-se...ot-ispconfig-3) to the letter. Everything (except for mailman, which I chose not to install) seems to be working properly, no errors displayed whatsoever.

However, I can't access IPSConfig: neither through my OutsideIP:8080, nor through LocalIP:8080. All the virtual hosts that I have configured in Apache2 do load fine.

I am relatively new to Linux and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this issue. Please advise how to proceed.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 2nd April 2013, 12:17
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,412 Times in 4,255 Posts

So the problem occurred after a ispconfig update? You describe that you have already vhosts so you must have been able to access ispconfig before to create them as ispconfig requires a empty server on installation.
Old 2nd April 2013, 12:21

So, it would appear that the problem might be the fact that I did not install ISPConfig on an empty server?

In my case I had configured LAMP, set up Apache with virtual hosts and carried on with my websites happily for some time - until I decided to add a mailserver and couldn't do it the command-line way, so I elected to finish the guide and install ISPConfig as well.

In other words, there's no way to rectify this with some small changes to the current setup without going through a complete OS reinstall?
Old 2nd April 2013, 12:24
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,412 Times in 4,255 Posts

Quote:
So, it would appear that the problem might be the fact that I did not install ISPConfig on an empty server?
Yes, that might be the case as your manual configuration conflicts now with ispconfig.

It is possible to fix that most likely without a reinstall but it requires some debugging of the apache configuration. Please post the output of:

netstat -tap

and

iptables -L
Old 2nd April 2013, 12:27

Thank you for the assistance, till! Here are the outputs:

Code:
netstat -tap
Active Internet connections (servers and established)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name
tcp        0      0 localhost:9000          *:*                     LISTEN      2691/php-fpm.conf)
tcp        0      0 localhost:10024         *:*                     LISTEN      1497/amavisd (maste
tcp        0      0 localhost:10025         *:*                     LISTEN      2792/master
tcp        0      0 *:mysql                 *:*                     LISTEN      1075/mysqld
tcp        0      0 *:submission            *:*                     LISTEN      2792/master
tcp        0      0 *:http                  *:*                     LISTEN      3454/apache2
tcp        0      0 *:webmin                *:*                     LISTEN      2957/perl
tcp        0      0 *:81                    *:*                     LISTEN      3454/apache2
tcp        0      0 *:ssmtp                 *:*                     LISTEN      2792/master
tcp        0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN      918/sshd
tcp        0      0 localhost:ipp           *:*                     LISTEN      582/cupsd
tcp        0      0 *:smtp                  *:*                     LISTEN      2792/master
tcp        0      0 *:https                 *:*                     LISTEN      3454/apache2
tcp        0      0 *:1723                  *:*                     LISTEN      2797/pptpd
Code:
iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source               destination
fail2ban-dovecot-pop3imap  tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             multiport dports pop3,pop3s,imap2,imaps
fail2ban-pureftpd  tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             multiport dports ftp
fail2ban-ssh  tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             multiport dports ssh

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain fail2ban-dovecot-pop3imap (1 references)
RETURN     all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain fail2ban-pureftpd (1 references)

Chain fail2ban-ssh (1 references)