Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 21st March 2013, 23:51

Default from domain.tld/webmail to webmail.domain.tld

Hi all,

I've been searching the interwebs for a definite solution to this somewhat essential aspect of configuring a hosting platform. I have yet to find a solution with proper confirmation, so I was hoping I could get one here.

many posts also mentions and as i've experienced myself that the ultimate server guide topic 20.2 does not work

What I would like to accomplish is, for each created site have a redirection from a subdomain to the webmail interface. To make it clear.

webmail.domain.tld points to domain.tld/webmail

As I have understood so far is that in order to enable this, first off you will have to modify the squirrelmail.conf (or what have you) file as follows:

Code:
<VirtualHost *:80>
DocumentRoot /usr/share/squirrelmail
ServerName webmail.domain.tld
</VirtualHost>
second you will have to make a subdomain in ISPconfig3 as follows for each domain:

Code:
Host      webmail
Domain domain.tld
Redirect Type R,L
Redirect Path http://domain.tld/webmail/
While this works, I can't stop to think that there must be a 'smarter' or automated way of accomplishing this? A way that does not include manually adding the subdomains for each domain.

sorry if this question is trite, but hopefully it can become a quick guide, sticky, or a wiki entry to shine light on this topic (so often asked)

Last edited by 0dp; 23rd March 2013 at 14:26. Reason: minor typo edit 3
Sponsored Links