#1  
Old 27th February 2013, 05:32
atjensen11 atjensen11 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 199
Thanks: 9
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default Upgrading a Multi Server Setup

Hello,

I have a multi server setup which was installed and configured using the following How To as a template.

http://www.howtoforge.com/multiserve...th-ispconfig-3

There were a few minor modifications made to the setup to suite my needs.

I received notice today that ISPConfig version 3.0.5 is now released. This will be the first update I have had to apply to my relatively new multi server setup.

Do I need to apply the update to all servers? Or do I apply the update only to the web server running the ISPConfig interface?

Thanks,
Tom
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 27th February 2013, 07:43
pakogah pakogah is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 56
Thanks: 13
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

+1 on this also
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 27th February 2013, 08:44
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,446
Thanks: 813
Thanked 5,214 Times in 4,089 Posts
Default

The update has to be applied on all servers. You should start with the master server. The updater will ask if it shll update permissions in the master database, you should have to say "y" on one of the servers, it does not matter which one as all permissions get updated for all servers in this case.

As a sidenote: We will release a bugfix version soon which fixes the bugs found in the last two days, so you might want to wait a few days until you update.
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
atjensen11 (27th February 2013), pakogah (27th February 2013)
  #4  
Old 27th February 2013, 19:08
pakogah pakogah is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 56
Thanks: 13
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
The update has to be applied on all servers. You should start with the master server. The updater will ask if it shll update permissions in the master database, you should have to say "y" on one of the servers, it does not matter which one as all permissions get updated for all servers in this case.

As a sidenote: We will release a bugfix version soon which fixes the bugs found in the last two days, so you might want to wait a few days until you update.
thanks Till

I followed this how to
http://www.faqforge.com/linux/contro...e-ispconfig-3/

I don't which bugs you mention but I found at least two problem when upgrading to 3.0.5.1

vlogger need perl TimeDate Format.pm to run properly and somehow vlogger can run properly without that perl package befor upgrade

solved at http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=30

and ISPconfig control panel's url caused Internal Server error due to can't find php location. solved by editing /var/www/php-fcgi-scripts/ispconfig/.php-fcgi-starter

Change path "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/php" to "/usr/bin/php-cgi \"

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/sho...25&postcount=2
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 27th February 2013, 22:34
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,446
Thanks: 813
Thanked 5,214 Times in 4,089 Posts
Default

Quote:
vlogger need perl TimeDate Format.pm to run properly and somehow vlogger can run properly without that perl package befor upgrade
vlogger needed this package in all ispconfig 3 versions, so nothing new in 3.0.5.

Quote:
and ISPconfig control panel's url caused Internal Server error due to can't find php location. solved by editing /var/www/php-fcgi-scripts/ispconfig/.php-fcgi-starter

Change path "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/php" to "/usr/bin/php-cgi \"

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/sho...25&postcount=2
Then you did not install the 3.0.5.1 version that we released today.
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 28th February 2013, 10:50
pakogah pakogah is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 56
Thanks: 13
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
 
Default

yes I installed version 3.0.5.1
On Help tab, I saw "ISPConfig Version: 3.0.5.1"
you can see my first reply to this thread is submitted at 27 feb 2013 the same release date with ISPconfig 3.0.5.1

but nevermind now the panel is working normally,
next I 'll be testing create a site

thank you very much for your hard work and quick response

Last edited by pakogah; 28th February 2013 at 10:50. Reason: thank you note
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pakogah For This Useful Post:
falko (1st March 2013)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
500 internal error after upgrade abintipl Installation/Configuration 9 18th July 2012 12:51
Local mail server - final touch Alexhor Installation/Configuration 4 12th April 2012 22:33
Virtual Users+Postfix+Courier+CentOS problem telnet localhost 25 stinson HOWTO-Related Questions 11 5th February 2011 13:57
Problems with Postfix Mysql Courier PatrickAdrichem Installation/Configuration 3 13th April 2007 15:44
The Perfect Setup Suse 9.3 - Postfix problems new_bee05 HOWTO-Related Questions 20 25th November 2005 02:30


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.