Old 25th February 2013, 18:24

Default ISPConfig mysql error...

Hi,

Straight to the point - I have development server where I use ispconfig to setup different test senarios while working on projects. Out of nowhere today I'm unable to create a database. Under Monitor>System-log for every job either creating or deleting a database I get: Unable to connect to the database.

After hours of searching the forums and finding the same solutions - reseting the root password of mysql and all - and successfully doing so, I still get the error.

I checked the password in config.inc.php and updated it. Restarted the system and all. Everything regarding reseting and ensuring the password was correct.

Until I tried to manually update ispconfig as a last resort - even there when it ask for the mysql root password and showing the right one, I still get: Unable to connect to mysql server Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

It's driving me mad. I even went ahead and updated Ubuntu and tried again to update ispconfig. Nothing - same error.

The weirdest thing is that last week I setup an account and database with no problem and since then I had not updated ubuntu or ispconfig or changed anything.

I'd appreciate any help on this as I want to avoid reinstalling everything from scratch.

Thanks inadvance.
Sponsored Links
Old 25th February 2013, 19:08
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,256 Times in 4,121 Posts

Quote:
I checked the password in config.inc.php and updated it.
Thats not related to the mysql root password. If you have a backup of that file then you should restore that to not break your system even more.

Reagrding your initial problem, if you lost your root access, then you can reset the mysql root password like it is described in the FAQ

http://www.faqforge.com/linux/contro...root-password/
Old 25th February 2013, 20:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
Thats not related to the mysql root password. If you have a backup of that file then you should restore that to not break your system even more.

Reagrding your initial problem, if you lost your root access, then you can reset the mysql root password like it is described in the FAQ

http://www.faqforge.com/linux/contro...root-password/
Thanks for the reply, I was typing quickly and didn't make it clear - it wasn't config.inc.php actually it was mysql_clientdb.conf and what I did update was my password to what was in the file.

I tried what you suggested and had done it earlier but it does not work.

The inserts and dumps to ispconfig database do happen. It's just mysql root access is non negotiable - it not working no matter what I do.