Old 22nd August 2010, 07:11

Default Suspending Accounts

What is the best way to suspend email and website accounts through ISPConfig?

I have unchecked the "active" box for the email domain. However, it appears that users can still login to the webmail client which is an IMAP client. I have verified that no new emails are delivered to the domain with the "active" box unchecked.

For the websites, I created an htaccess file with a redirect to a parked page stating the domain is suspended.

What are others doing to obtain the same functionality?
Sponsored Links
Old 22nd August 2010, 09:41
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,265 Times in 4,129 Posts

Quote:
I have unchecked the "active" box for the email domain.
Thats the correct way.

Quote:
However, it appears that users can still login to the webmail client which is an IMAP client. I have verified that no new emails are delivered to the domain with the "active" box unchecked.
If you want to disable imap access too, then check the "enable imap" and "enable pop3" checkboxes in the mailbox settings.

Quote:
For the websites, I created an htaccess file with a redirect to a parked page stating the domain is suspended.
As alternative you can just disable the "active" checkbox there too. All visitors will then be redirected to the default vhost of the server.
Old 20th January 2013, 07:16

Till, I used the API command sites_web_domain_set_status and set it to "inactive". I can also see that in the ISP control panel the site has an X button before it to indicate NOT active.

However, despite all that the domains' websites still open just fine as though is still active. Could this be a bug or am I missing out something?

Thanks, Joseph
Old 21st January 2013, 09:58
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,265 Times in 4,129 Posts

When a x is displayed, then the api worked. Maybe there is another issue that prevents that changes are written to disk. there is article in the ispconfig FAQ about debugging issues when the serversh script can not write changes to disk.