Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 14th January 2013, 16:56
HowtoForge Supporter

Default Read access to Backup and Options tab

Hello,

I was looking into the backup and options tabs, and since it is very powerful I understand that it is only accessible to admin users.

I was thinking about the following (configurable) options:
* Would it be possible to grant users access to the backup and options tab in read-only mode?

* Grant resellers write access to the tabs. (configurable)

* have some default php.ini values which are configurable (within limits)
f.i. Max_post_size choose between 2 and 50 mb

Hope to hear from you about this. It would be nice, but if not possible, no problem.

Regards,

Bas Steelooper
Sponsored Links
Old 14th January 2013, 17:48
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,492 Times in 4,323 Posts

The backup system has been completely rewritten in ISPConfig 3.0.5,the backup tab is accessible by clients now.

Regarding the options tab, it should be possible to develop a read only mode for the options tab or mabye add some kind of info tab visible for clients only which displays the relevant information in read only mode. Making the options tab available for resellers might be critical as it would be only a option if you trust your resellers 100% as the input fields there might be used to access data from other websites not belonging to this reseller. If you want to give resellers more access rights, you should consider to gibe them a separate virtual server with ispconfig and grant them admin permissions.
Old 15th January 2013, 19:25
HowtoForge Supporter

Hello Till,

Thanks for your answer. I have currently a multi server setup with one ISP-Config. Your solution would mean that I have multiple ISPConfig setups, and admins in that.

I don't want them to meddle with the server settings, but would like to have them modify the apache and php fields for that website.

The other options don't need to be accessible to them.

The reason I am asking this is that I have mod_security installed on my servers, but WordPress doesn't work when all rules are active. Some rules have to be disabled for that Virtual Host.

Maybe an option can be added that if it is a WordPress site that the rules are default inserted in the apache conf?
And they need to modify the default php_maxpost size and upload size... So what they need is very limited..

I hope you can help me with this.

Regards,

Bas