Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 30th December 2012, 22:21

Default Roundcube confusion in a multiserver setup

I installed Roundcube on a web server (web2.domain.tld) in a multiserver ispConfig network that has all email on a separate server (email.domain.tld). I have setup a vhost alias so all webmail users on that server web2.domain.tld can access their webmail by using http://their_domain.com/webmail

This works well and they can receive email with no problem. Outgoing email is whats confusing me. I have this variable set: $rcmail_config['smtp_server'] = 'localhost'; (tried '%h' but was getting send errors) Not getting any errors when a Roundcube user sends email and it says that the message was successfully sent, but it never gets to the recipient. I don't see anything in the mail log about the email I was trying to send getting an error, don't even see it mentioned anywhere. Where the heck is Roundcube sending these emails to? They show as being sent in Roundcube. I even looked on the web2.domain.tld server where RoundCube app is installed but don't see it anywhere in any error logs.

Anybody out there can clear this up for me?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links