Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 2nd November 2012, 18:57

Default Auto Backing up and Restore of ISPConfig 3

Hello

After installing and having a play around with the control panel I have found that it is a very good control panel and does everything I require

I have decided that I will be using this control panel on either Debian 6 or Ubuntu 12.04 on my main 'live' VPS to host all of my websites and blogs.

One thing that I am a little concerned with is the fact that there is not a means of backing up all of the sites and mysql on a regular basis and have them rotated on the vps so it does not take up to much space. One thing that I would love to do is to backup my vps sites, mysql and files every 2 days and have a way to automatically reinstall that backup if I have my server compromised at anytime so I do not loose all of my data or my websites.

Can any one suggest a good program or script that will allow me to do backups and with also allow me to restore those backups easily.

I am not very knowledgeable on programing so any suggestions would be most helpful. I am sort of a newbie at this

Thanks for your help in advance
Sponsored Links
Old 2nd November 2012, 19:33

What I would do is get this little nifty script from sourceforge for you mysql data http://sourceforge.net/projects/automysqlbackup/

and

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10t...-utilities/895

If you have a gui on your vps then fwbackups works real well.

I use tar and rsynce and my new favorite storage medium dropbox. Its amazing that you can have 100gb for $10.00 a month.

This one might have to be changed but it looks promising
http://code.google.com/p/aware-linux-backup-script/

Last edited by mmidgett; 2nd November 2012 at 19:48.
The Following User Says Thank You to mmidgett For This Useful Post:
harrythehamster (4th November 2012)
Old 4th November 2012, 15:10
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,651 Times in 4,461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrythehamster View Post
Hello

After installing and having a play around with the control panel I have found that it is a very good control panel and does everything I require

I have decided that I will be using this control panel on either Debian 6 or Ubuntu 12.04 on my main 'live' VPS to host all of my websites and blogs.

One thing that I am a little concerned with is the fact that there is not a means of backing up all of the sites and mysql on a regular basis and have them rotated on the vps so it does not take up to much space. One thing that I would love to do is to backup my vps sites, mysql and files every 2 days and have a way to automatically reinstall that backup if I have my server compromised at anytime so I do not loose all of my data or my websites.

Can any one suggest a good program or script that will allow me to do backups and with also allow me to restore those backups easily.

I am not very knowledgeable on programing so any suggestions would be most helpful. I am sort of a newbie at this

Thanks for your help in advance
The ispconfig backup script can be downloaded here:

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41609
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
harrythehamster (4th November 2012)
Old 4th November 2012, 18:27

Thanks mmidgett and till for your help.