Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 28th October 2012, 18:29

Question Cyrus Imap ghost folders can't be deleted

I'm running Cyrus Imap 2.1.22. For quite a long time, I've had a series of nested folders and files that can't be deleted. I have tried rebuilding the index and the mailbox, no no avail. I have permissions to delete on it.

My client is Thunderbird 16.x. I have removed a bunch of files on the client side, but even setting up a new computer brings down these ghost files and folders, so I don't think this is a client issue.

I'm trying to understand why this happens but how to really get rid of them. I know I can just back the account up and delete, then create a new one (which I'm about to do), but that's a last resort.

Anyone else run into this odd problem?
Sponsored Links