Yes, there have been many improvements - AjaxPlorer is very interesting, but I must admit the ISPC3 plugin is not ready for beta testing or even use. Please do improve!
1. My ISPConfig setup is multiserver
2. AJXP is running on the same server as the control panel
3. The control panel does not host any customer sites, so all AJXP connections are proxied through the CP.
4. File access method is SFTP / FTP over SSH
5. On login to AJXP, repositories are created for each ISPC3 shell account a user has access to (by group IIRC)
There are two real problems:
1. AjaxPlorer can't show / set the permissions correctly.
- The real issue is AJXP tries to cache all file attributes when it reads a directory. File operations are first compared to the cached ownership & permissions. The devs made a quick fix to allow writing to directories by adding 022 to the cached permission, allowing the target server to actually decide if the operation would complete - which essentially works, but also screws up the permissions dialog
2. The ISPC3 plugin needs to be cleaned up and sorted out.
- OnLogin: Check which accounts should be accessible; correctly create the repository; delete any repositories which don't exists anymore (or don't have permission for?); Perhaps Autologin?
And at least one other ugly issue:
1. AJXP needs to know the SSH usernames and passwords, so I modified ISPC3 code to also save a cleartext copy of the Shell password.
1. Jailkit seems to work just fine
2. Image / Movie previews don't work well. It is optional for me, so I have not looked into this any further. The issue is the time it takes to download all images to the proxy and create thumbnails is not fun. Disabling this made things pretty snappy.
So to get started:
1. Get the latest AjaxPlorer and configure: http://www.ajaxplorer.info/wordpress/download/
2. Apply this plugin to the AJXP files (careful about server/conf.php)
3. Install the MySQL tables. Check the code first that it does what you expect, use a test instance of ISPC3. There is SQL code in plugins/auth.ispconfig/ceate.sql
4. Apply the ISPC3 changes ( again, in your test server )
5. Create Shell users in ISPC3
6. Login to AJXP, try it out