Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 4th October 2005, 09:51
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,722 Times in 2,563 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianer
we do have a "real" server....
Yes, but it's in a local network, not directly connected to the internet, that's what I wanted to say.

Quote:
apparently, we are just incompetent fools, or that is what it appears is thought of us
Noone's thinking that. Everybody's welcome here!

Quote:
we are sorry for any inconvenience or problems we have caused with our questions....
You didn't cause any inconvenience - a forum is for asking questions.

Quote:
we were both under the assumption that this forum was to help people just like us.
In fact, it is.

You seem to be frustrated, but I don't know why? Maybe you misunderstood my last post? This wasn't meant personal in any way, I was simply saying that ISPConfig is aimed at servers with a direct connection to the internet; of course you can use it in a local network, but this causes a few more problems with routers, etc., as you've experienced.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Sponsored Links
Old 16th October 2005, 17:49

Thumbs up Response.

Flako is a huge help and so is Till. My linux experience stops with BASH and Shell Scripting. DNS & Bind I'm still a bit in the dark with, postfix and sendmail I'm getting by with. But don't get me started with with LAMP (mysql/perl/php) as well as what should be easier stuff looking CSS and XHTML.

That being said I have a funny feeling that the two names I have listed above have more responsibility then I. However, they still have time to visit howtoforge.com with responses that make me think. It's a good product and once I know what I'm doing will show it to others. I've gotten a good chunk of help and nobody was rude.....