Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 11th October 2012, 09:22

Default CentOS - Virtual Host Problem

Hello and good day everyone.

Okay, so here I am again, with my original problem. I will try and provide the much needed information, in hopes that anyone can help me.

I have set up a local LAN-only server with a CentOS PC.
Note: only for local LAN access only.

The server is fine and I can access it when I type the server's static I.P. address.
Now, I wanted to simply type mywebsite.com to access the server, so, since I am using Windows 7 OS PC, I edited my host file located in C:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts .
Code:
	192.168.1.16 	mywebsite.com 	# CentOS Server
And with that, I can finally simply type mywebsite.com and I can access the CentOS server.

And now, onto the problem...
I have a php file that I needed to be displayed, which is located in var/www/html/location1/location2/location3/location4
Simply typing mywebsite.com/location1/location2/location3/location4 works, but I want the server to directly display the php file located in that location by simply me typing mywebsite.com

I want to directly access a specific php file to be displayed when I type mywebsite.com...
I have written a .conf file for the server located in the /etc/httpd/conf.d with these codes...
Code:
<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName  www.mywebsite.com
  ServerAlias mywebsite.com

DocumentRoot /var/www/html/location1/location2/location3/location4

Redirect 404 /favicon.ico
    <Location /favicon.ico>
        ErrorDocument 404 "No favicon"
    </Location>

ErrorLog  /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/log/location-error.log

</VirtualHost>
I restarted the service httpd, and afterwards, I typed mywebsite.com again, but it instead displays an error with the message
Code:
Not Found
The requested URL /location1/location2/location3/location4/login.php was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) Server at mywebsite.com Port 80
The error log displays this...
Code:
[Thu Oct 11 11:00:26 2012] [error] [client 192.168.1.9] File does not exist: /var/www/html/location1/location2/location3/location4/location1/location2/location3/location4
I don't understand the error log. Why did it displayed location1/location2/location3/location4 twice?

Any help would greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored Links