Old 25th August 2012, 17:38

Lightbulb ISPConfig3 woes

Hi all

After following a very informative guide on this site i have now set up a 5 multiserver system with all running and configured ispconfig 3 on.

i can see the ispconfig page locally, and can see all servers and see the default apache web page on the web server.

I have added a domain and DNS record to ispconfig, forwarded the correct ports to the right server IP's but still i am unable to see the website externally.

I am running behind a nat router with a dynamic ip, but i have set up an account with no-ip.

the issue is when i ping my domain i have setup instead of giving my 86.xxx.xxx.xxx IP i get back a 92.xxx.xxx.xxx IP whihc i have who is on and nothing to do with my provider.

Could it be a DNS config issue at my end ? i have added the public IP to the record.

sorry for the length on my first post but im unsure where to look next

thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 26th August 2012, 13:20
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,256 Times in 4,121 Posts

If you get he wrong ip, then its a dns issue and not a problem with your ispconfig server.