Old 15th August 2012, 10:56
ISPConfig Developer

Question Interface-Only Server

Hi,

i want to install a multiserver setup of ISPC (and I know how to do), but I want one server just to hold the ISPC interface and nothing else.
As this server sends out mails of course, I do not really know which services to configure during ispconfig setup in expert mode.
I think I need to answer Web and Interface with yes and all other with no, right?
Or should I even answer Mail with yes and disable mail service for this server in the ispc interface later on?

Thanks

pixcept KG
Sponsored Links
Old 15th August 2012, 11:14
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,499 Times in 4,328 Posts

Quote:
I think I need to answer Web and Interface with yes and all other with no, right?
Yes, thats enough. As you send out mails only, select no when the installer asks to configure mail but ensure that a minimal postfix installation is installed.
Old 15th August 2012, 11:41
ISPConfig Developer

Thanks.

I am using the SVN version, but when I try to do the expert install with interface and web only, I get the following at the end of the installation after selecting port 443 and SSL=yes:

writing RSA key
PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant ISPC_ROOT_PATH - assumed 'ISPC_ROOT_PATH' in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-available/aps_plugin.inc.php on line 31
PHP Warning: require_once(ISPC_ROOT_PATH/lib/classes/aps_installer.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-available/aps_plugin.inc.php on line 31
PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'ISPC_ROOT_PATH/lib/classes/aps_installer.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-available/aps_plugin.inc.php on line 31

After this the install seems not to be completed correctly as the ispc vhost is missing. Even doing an ispc update from svn afterwards with reconfiguring services does not fix it, even though the update prints no warnings or errors.

pixcept KG
Old 15th August 2012, 11:49
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,499 Times in 4,328 Posts

The svn version is untested development code, it is not made to be installed on a production system.
Old 15th August 2012, 11:58
ISPConfig Developer

I know, this is a testing system. I just asked because on a different server I had an older svn version of ispc installed and updated it to the current svn version without any problems.
Installing the current svn version on a freshly set up server leads to the mentioned problem.
So anyway, no problem, I will disable aps for now before installing.

pixcept KG
Old 15th August 2012, 14:58
ISPConfig Developer

Send a message via Skype™ to cfoe

to make it easier on you just install the stable version and update with the svn code.

OpenSource-Projects - GitHub-Projects - SVN-Mirrors on GitHub - Foe Services