Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 11th August 2012, 19:38

Exclamation Problem with streaming audio from Samba

Hi!
Yesterday I have changed the motherboard of my home NAS server(for 3rd time, but never reinstalled Debian after installed it for 1st time).
So, my problem is that when I listen to the music from the Samba server, time to time the music just jumps about a second forward or backward and this is driving me crazy I don't know how to explain it better, but if you misunderstood or something - I can upload a recorded piece when this happens.

In fact, in last 2 motherboards this problem doesn't exists, even if we say that last 2 has been reading from the HDD through SATA->USB controller, here in 3rd MoBo, the controller is integrated VIA 8237.
Can this be from changing the hardware without reinstalling the Debian, or Samba related problem, or hardware related?

Thanks!

I must say that this thread is also posted in LQ, but noone gave me response, so I think here will receive replies for my problem.
Sponsored Links