Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 6th August 2012, 09:18
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,533 Times in 4,351 Posts

Did the problems start before you installed apc or after yu installed apc? On my servers, I use xcache instead of apc, makes less problems.
Sponsored Links
Old 6th August 2012, 12:41

I'm certain I installed apc "after" I installed the server via tutorial here on howtoforge.com, so basically the apc cannot be the reason why I had the ".ispconfig_lock" file. Other than apc I don't get any errors.
Old 6th August 2012, 12:49
Super Moderator

The opposite of your conclusion is the case, if you installed apc after ispconfig, then apc can be the reason for your problem. You should disable apc and ensure that you did not disable any functions in php.ini file.
Old 6th August 2012, 14:52

I want to disable it to see if the problems go away however I can't, since I have 50+ users using apc on RoundCube to send attachments. Any other suggestions?

Also, I was reading articles on the internet and it was never mentioned apc would destory/kill/hang apache process, in your words "system configuration that causes the server process to die", since apc is the only problem I got from debugging. Could there be anything else wrong?
Old 6th August 2012, 15:54
Super Moderator

Quote:
Also, I was reading articles on the internet and it was never mentioned apc would destory/kill/hang apache process, in your words "system configuration that causes the server process to die", since apc is the only problem I got from debugging.
Not quite sure were you searched.If I enter "apc php" in the search field in the forum, then there are several threads related to hanging processes caused by apc. But if you cant replace it with another cache, then its not a option to remove it.

Quote:
Could there be anything else wrong?
There can be other thingsa s well that are set wrong in the php.ini like disabled functions. See my posts above. Also it seems that you still havent enabled debugging like it is described in the FAQ, otherwise you would have recieved verbose output.
Old 7th August 2012, 12:41

Oh sorry, I have no idea how I missed that step, here is the output in which the lock file gets removed:

Code:
07.08.2012-09:37 - DEBUG - Set Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
07.08.2012-09:37 - DEBUG - No Updated records found, starting only the core.
07.08.2012-09:37 - DEBUG - Remove Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
finished
Old 7th August 2012, 12:45
Super Moderator

Thats ok and the lock files was removed correctly. Please rerun the server.sh script at a time were the minute can be divided by 5, so "minute/5=0" as the monitor part runs only every 5 minutes.
Old 7th August 2012, 12:58

This is what I got:

Code:
07.08.2012-09:55 - DEBUG - Set Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
07.08.2012-09:55 - DEBUG - No Updated records found, starting only the core.
/usr/sbin/mpt-status
/usr/bin/fail2ban-client
/sbin/iptables
/sbin/ip6tables
07.08.2012-09:55 - DEBUG - Remove Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
finished.
Beside that output I still have the apc problem at the top of the output:

Code:
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: apc.shm_size now uses M/G suffixes, please update your ini files in Unknown on line 0
Old 7th August 2012, 16:39
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,745 Times in 2,578 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by todx View Post
NOTE: I tried to fix it, by adding "M" or "G" at the end of "apc.shm_size=512", how ever that didn't seem to make any effect.
Did you fix it in the correct place? PHP settings can be in php.ini or be set individually for a website (e.g. through ISPConfig or inside an .htaccess file).

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 8th August 2012, 01:16

So I went to check each and every .htaccess file on my server to see if there are any apc settings inside and I found nothing. So because I know that I'm using RoundCube that uses apc, I went to check some tutorials on where to find those .htaccess files, so I found them and there was no mentioning of apc.

So basically I have no idea why that error keeps poping up and my only solution to this problem would be to completely remove apc from my server.

If any of you guys come across any other ideas, please let me know.