Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 23rd July 2012, 06:44

Default Apache2, mod_flvx and Firefox

Hi,

I'm enhancing the services I am able to provide on my server and wish to display Flash movies.
Having setup Apache2 as per the normal install, I've found out that I need mod_flvx to do this. I've now completed the install process (including a compile).

I have uploaded a page with a video ( .swf format) to my server, but the movie won't play when using Firefox. However if I use IE8, it does work (not quite how I would like it, but it does).

I'm puzzled because the same page (as is), when served from my previous hosting provider, worked fine in Firefox.

This leads me to believe that there is something in my Apache setup that hasn't been done, or done incorrectly.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Cheers,
Nap

PS... If needed, I can supply config info and code.
(Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, Kernel 3.15.4-x86_64, Apache 2.4.7, MySQL 5.5.38, PHP 5.5.9, ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p1, Webmin, PureFTP & Quota, phpMyAdmin, postfix, dovecot, clamav, spamassassin, awstats, fail2ban, Jailkit, bind9, vlogger, webalizer)
Sponsored Links