Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 18th July 2012, 20:03

Default setting up 5 server ubuntu 12.04 with ispconfig3

I am trying to set up 5 new servers using ubuntu 12.04, I was able to get the web server up for the master server looking at the manual setup and the perfect server ubunut 12.04 to get what i needed for it. When i get to the mail server and get to configuring ispconfig it tries to connect to the mysql db on the master server and will not connect. I am guessing because I do not have that domain name in the DNS records since I do not have the new DNS server up and running yet. Will I need to add a dns record in my old dns server to get this working or is there another way around this dilema so i can move forward ?

edit: it is saying unable to connect to mysql server , but i can ping web.svic.net with no problems

Last edited by mikej; 18th July 2012 at 20:06.
Sponsored Links
Old 19th July 2012, 01:17

found my problem after i came back from a break. I did not comment out the line in my.cnf file =/