Old 17th May 2012, 03:38

Default ISPConfig and VServer

Hello,

I have been using ISPConfig 3 for some time now, and decided I wanted to test the operation of the (fairly) newly added VServer feature.

I set a VServer up under a regular user account (my own user level account) to test, but it doesn't show. In the administrative control panel, everything "seems" to be set-up correctly, then I initiated the virtual server start, which also seemed to be ok...just a notice to give it a minute to initiate. Still nothing. Is there additional set-up that needs to be done for the VServer option to work? I am using the default Debian minimal OS Template.

Set-up Fedora 16 w/ ISPConfig 3.0.4.5
Raid 5 (250gb x 3)
Intel 3.3Ghz

Shared and resellers using the same set-up on other servers work great. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 26th June 2012, 07:29

Send a message via AIM to pehden Send a message via Yahoo to pehden Send a message via Skype™ to pehden
Default wow

Im sort of sad this has been sitting here so long ignored. I was looking for the same answer, and this it the top result yet no answers to it.
Old 26th June 2012, 07:49
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,610 Times in 4,421 Posts

See ISPConfig.org > ISPConfig 3 > Documentation, there is exactly one guide for a virtual server setup in the list.

http://www.howtoforge.com/installing...g-3-debian-6.0
Old 26th June 2012, 22:26

Oh, yes. I saw this one already. Doesn't work with Fedora. I adjusted the command lines to match Fedora 16 x86_64, but there are too many pieces missing or in (or not in) one distro or the other.

Thanks anyway Till
Old 27th June 2012, 00:52

Send a message via AIM to pehden Send a message via Yahoo to pehden Send a message via Skype™ to pehden
Default I agree

I doenst work with my setup ether. I got it up and running but i only have 1 IP address. Set it up was able to get the server to show as runing for the vm, but was unable to connect to it with anything to use it.
Old 27th June 2012, 05:39

Yeah, I tried everything with the VM set-up, but decided to scrap it because nothing worked. I just built them manually through command line outside of ISPConfig altogether and they work just fine.

See if you can Google something to the effect of "Setting up OpenVZ for (insert your exact distro here)."
Old 27th June 2012, 11:11
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,610 Times in 4,421 Posts

Quote:
I doenst work with my setup ether. I got it up and running but i only have 1 IP address. Set it up was able to get the server to show as runing for the vm, but was unable to connect to it with anything to use it.
You can not use virtual machines with just one IP address. It does not amtter if you use ispconfig to set them up or do it manually.
Old 27th June 2012, 18:22

Till is right, you can use just one IP, however going through the ISPConfig set-up "seemed" to work, but I could never actually start the Vserver or connect. Manual creation started right up and remotely connected.

Best,