Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 15th September 2005, 13:40
farao farao is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 42
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Reroute spam to different mailbox?

Hi all,

I've setup ISPConfig on a testmachine, and really like the functionality (it's a bit awkward that I have to have unique users across different domains though, instead of real virtual users, but ok, I guess I'll have to learn to live with that).
However, I would like to redirect my received spam to a subfolder in the users mailbox, so the main inbox stays clear of spam, but it's easy to access the spam for false positives. Is there a way to do this?

I found the link below, outlining how to redirect mail based on the spam-header, but instead of redirecting or simply rejecting, I want it to land in a different mailbox

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80

Thanks, Farao
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 15th September 2005, 14:15
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,704
Thanks: 819
Thanked 5,321 Times in 4,174 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by farao
I've setup ISPConfig on a testmachine, and really like the functionality (it's a bit awkward that I have to have unique users across different domains though, instead of real virtual users, but ok, I guess I'll have to learn to live with that).
At least in the current version. It is planned to change that in later versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farao
However, I would like to redirect my received spam to a subfolder in the users mailbox, so the main inbox stays clear of spam, but it's easy to access the spam for false positives. Is there a way to do this?

I found the link below, outlining how to redirect mail based on the spam-header, but instead of redirecting or simply rejecting, I want it to land in a different mailbox

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80
You can change the procmail recipe that handles the spamassassin integration.

The best way is to cahnge the master template that ISPConfig uses to generate the procmail recipes.

/root/ispconfig/isp/conf/spamassassin.rc.master

If you replace the lines:

Code:
{SPAM_COMMENT}:0:
{SPAM_COMMENT}* ^X-Spam-Status: Yes
{SPAM_COMMENT}/dev/null
with:

Code:
:0:
* ^X-Spam-Status: Yes
$MAILDIR/.spam
all mail is redirected into the spam folder of this user which is accessible with IMAP.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 15th September 2005, 14:17
farao farao is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 42
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thanks! I'll give it a go asap!

sideline: when is that future version with true virtual users planned?

By the way, i *LOVE* the snappy responses in this forum!

Thanks again, Farao
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 15th September 2005, 14:24
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,704
Thanks: 819
Thanked 5,321 Times in 4,174 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by farao
sideline: when is that future version with true virtual users planned?
I think it is something for a 3.0 release. A large amount of code has to rewritten for this so it will take some time. If more developers will join this project it will be earlier
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 28th September 2005, 14:49
farao farao is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 42
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Is this the only setting I need to modify? I don't see a .spam-folder created in the Maildir for the specified user.

I now have the following settings:
mailscan YES
spamcheck YES
anti-virus YES
Rewrite header YES

and I've changed the procmail like you said (easy enough...).
Do I need to create the .spam-folder manually? Or am I suddenly off the spamlists (if only...)

Thanks, Farao
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 28th September 2005, 14:52
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,704
Thanks: 819
Thanked 5,321 Times in 4,174 Posts
 
Default

You need to create the .spam folder manually.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mailbox Size Limits palkat General 8 29th May 2007 09:25
Spam Filtering mphayesuk General 15 23rd March 2006 15:17
Mailbox form/creation m u r Programming/Scripts 3 4th September 2005 08:09


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.