Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 12th April 2012, 15:04

Default Mail ISPConfig 3 server suddenly stops working with ISPConfig 3 master

Hi,

I'm sorry about that but I really need some help.

I have got and ISPConfig3 installation with 2 servers. 1 master which controls everything but mail and a second one, debian lenny vps, which deals with mail and nothing else.

Everything was running ok, but suddenly que have got into trouble because every change we make about mail just piles up in master queue forever.

I have followed every suggestions I have found in forums with no success. Master server.php shows no errors. Slave (mail) server.php shows "finished" even though I have tried to switch debug on manually (I can't do it trought ispconfig interface because the slave seems to have stopped reading changes from master).

I haven't updated or changed any OS either. It just happened from one day to another. The secondary mail server is running properly but we can't change anything in it because of this broken link with master.

Is there any action that I could take in order to try to find what is going on here?.
Sponsored Links
Old 12th April 2012, 15:25
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,322 Times in 4,175 Posts

This is most likely a mysql connection problem so that the slave cant connect to the mysql on the amster anymore. This can e.g. happen when the login details are wrong or when a firewall was added on the master or when mysql on the master has been reconfigured to listen on localhost only.

You can test the connection by using the master login details from the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php from the slave server to connect to the master with the mysql command:

mysql -h master.server.tld -u ispcsrv1 -p dbispconfig
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
Jorge QWASS (12th April 2012)
Old 12th April 2012, 17:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
This is most likely a mysql connection problem so that the slave cant connect to the mysql on the amster anymore. This can e.g. happen when the login details are wrong or when a firewall was added on the master or when mysql on the master has been reconfigured to listen on localhost only.

You can test the connection by using the master login details from the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php from the slave server to connect to the master with the mysql command:

mysql -h master.server.tld -u ispcsrv1 -p dbispconfig
Till,

thank you very much for you fast answer. You saved my day.

As you said, it was mysql related. I tried your suggestion to find the next error:

ERROR 1129 (00000): Host 'mail.mydomain.tld' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'

So that is what I did in the master server and suddenly all worked again.

According to that error, if I understand properly, the slave is creating some number of wrong connections with the master until they achieve the master limit and the slave is forbidden to access again. Is that true?. Is there some way to improve this?.

Thank you very much for you help.
Old 12th April 2012, 17:17
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,322 Times in 4,175 Posts

Quote:
According to that error, if I understand properly, the slave is creating some number of wrong connections with the master until they achieve the master limit and the slave is forbidden to access again. Is that true?.
Yes.

Quote:
Is there some way to improve this?.
The only way I'am aware of is to try to find out which apllication or script causes that or in other words, which script uses a wrong password. There are not many scripts that connect to the master, one script is the server.sh script from ispconfig whih you tested already and another one is vlogger, please check the mysql details in /etc/vlogger-dbi.conf
Old 12th April 2012, 20:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
The only way I'am aware of is to try to find out which apllication or script causes that or in other words, which script uses a wrong password. There are not many scripts that connect to the master, one script is the server.sh script from ispconfig whih you tested already and another one is vlogger, please check the mysql details in /etc/vlogger-dbi.conf
Thank you again for you help Till. I have been trying to find that script but still no luck. Everything related with mysql and ispconfig looks ok. Maybe there is some other script somewhere but I have already checked everything.

Just to let you know just in case somebody else have got here with the same problem.

Thank you Till again for you wise advise.