Old 21st July 2006, 02:13

Default Bind not updating

I have a strange issue with ispconfig not updating dns. A few days ago I had a server go out on a reboot, provider claimed it was a hardware issue, I tend to disagree because my port monitors kept queuing up mail for outages that fired off once connectivity came back...anyway. For some reason it seems that changes that should affect bind and config files are not applying and bind isnt updating. I can update the pri.* file manually and the reload bind and dig responds correctly, but changes from ISPconfig do not appear to be taking affect....I looked at serveral other posts, and I have double checked that everything looked to be in place per the HowTO for Debian Sarge 3.1...any suggestions on where to start outside finding a new provider...

edit: Vhosts file does not appear to be updating anymore either, so I think there is a larger issue now...ARGH..

Last edited by helfrez; 21st July 2006 at 02:21.
Sponsored Links
Old 21st July 2006, 03:27

Default Upgraded ISPconfig

I was running 2.2.1 and I noticed that it handled upgrade automatically, so I ran the install to upgrade to the latest version of ISPconfig, and for the moment it look like the problems are now corrected...AWESOME work, its nice to know that when a new bugfix version comes out for a mussion critical program, the devels have enough respect for the code to make it streamlined as possible...I think my problem is resolved FTM.
Old 22nd July 2006, 14:52
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts

I think the problem was that you had the lock file /root/ispconfig/.ispconfig_lock which stops ISPConfig from updating configurations. Normally that file is deleted when ISPConfig is finished with updating the system, but your server reboot seems to somehow have interfered with that. Anyway, with the update the lock file was removed, so it's ok now.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: