Old 2nd April 2012, 17:49

Default Migrating DNS to ISPConfig 3

We are attempting to migrate some old DNS/Mail servers over to a multi-server ISPconfig 3 setup. I've run into an issue with migrating the DNS servers though. I've tried copying the bind config files over but that doesn't seem to work and I've also tried to import a zone file from the old server. The import is successful but the information appears incomplete and the 'records' tab gives a 'Zone format is invalid' error. Has anyone successfully migrated Bind to ISPConfig 3?

All ideas welcomed!
Sponsored Links
Old 3rd April 2012, 08:07
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,337 Times in 4,187 Posts

The zones have to be imported in ispconfig, copying the file sto the bind directory will not work. Most likely the zonefile that you tried to import uses a format that is not fully understood by the import script, e.g. when you use time formats like 5H instaed of the time in seconds.