Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 17th March 2012, 01:22

Default Enhancing ISPConfig 3 (Latest Version)

Hi,

I would like to enhance ISPConfig 3 with a very nice open source code editor. I have been using it as an extension of three of my own websites. The install is super easy and contained in one folder with several php subs. Is there a way to configure ISPConfig to write this folder when a site is first set-up? Currently I have it set-up off of the /web extension, so in theory it would be written next to the two folders /error and /stats like /code-editor or some such.

The php script is easy to dynamically take the var/www/clients/client1/web1/ path needed for each new domain so this would not have to be manually place each time. I don't mind blocking this folder in .htaccess or robots.txt from search engines manually (unless the default robots.txt can write this folder to Disallow as well!).

I could hack the interface and place this under "tools" or "help" but that really makes little sense, and would seem to interfere with later updates of ISPConfig.

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links