Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 6th August 2006, 18:40
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasco
Perhaps I should do a fresh install? What distro would you recommend for ISPConfig?
Debian. http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_debian_sarge

What's the output of
Code:
ls -la /var/named/chroot/var/named/
?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasco
By the way:

How can I update to PHP 5.1.3 again? (I've installed the hotfix)
Do you mean ISPConfig's PHP or your main Apache's PHP?
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #22  
Old 6th August 2006, 23:36
Pasco Pasco is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 94
Thanks: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
What's the output of
Code:

ls -la /var/named/chroot/var/named/

?
insgesamt 44
drwxrwxr-x 4 root named 4096 31. Jul 18:27 .
drwxr-x--- 5 root named 4096 31. Jul 18:09 ..
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 12 31. Jul 18:27 chroot -> ../../chroot
drwxrwx--- 2 named named 4096 25. Aug 2004 data
-rw-r--r-- 1 named named 198 19. Dez 2005 localdomain.zone
-rw-r--r-- 1 named named 195 19. Dez 2005 localhost.zone
-rw-r--r-- 1 named named 427 19. Dez 2005 named.broadcast
-rw-r--r-- 1 named named 2518 19. Dez 2005 named.ca
-rw-r--r-- 1 named named 424 19. Dez 2005 named.ip6.local
-rw-r--r-- 1 named named 426 19. Dez 2005 named.local
-rw-r--r-- 1 named named 427 19. Dez 2005 named.zero
drwxrwx--- 2 named named 4096 27. Jul 2004 slaves

Quote:
Do you mean ISPConfig's PHP or your main Apache's PHP?
I mean ISPConfig's PHP, that for my webcontent. Is it still PHP Vers. 5.1.3? :-) Was the hotfix only for the apache for the webinterface. OK :-) Thx for the hint.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 7th August 2006, 13:50
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasco
insgesamt 44
drwxrwxr-x 4 root named 4096 31. Jul 18:27 .
drwxr-x--- 5 root named 4096 31. Jul 18:09 ..
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 12 31. Jul 18:27 chroot -> ../../chroot
drwxrwx--- 2 named named 4096 25. Aug 2004 data
-rw-r--r-- 1 named named 198 19. Dez 2005 localdomain.zone
-rw-r--r-- 1 named named 195 19. Dez 2005 localhost.zone
-rw-r--r-- 1 named named 427 19. Dez 2005 named.broadcast
-rw-r--r-- 1 named named 2518 19. Dez 2005 named.ca
-rw-r--r-- 1 named named 424 19. Dez 2005 named.ip6.local
-rw-r--r-- 1 named named 426 19. Dez 2005 named.local
-rw-r--r-- 1 named named 427 19. Dez 2005 named.zero
drwxrwx--- 2 named named 4096 27. Jul 2004 slaves
Looks ok. Please check that the permissions of all directories in the /var/named/chroot/var/named/ path are as shown here:



Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasco
I mean ISPConfig's PHP, that for my webcontent.
Sorry, I have to ask again. The PHP for your web sites is different from the PHP used by ISPConfig. Which one do you mean?
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 7th August 2006, 15:58
Pasco Pasco is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 94
Thanks: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Looks ok. Please check that the permissions of all directories in the /var/named/chroot/var/named/ path are as shown here:
I guess you aks me to set the permissions like in your tutorial? Yes, I've already checked those permissions and reset them. I'll try it again.

Quote:
Sorry, I have to ask again. The PHP for your web sites is different from the PHP used by ISPConfig. Which one do you mean?
I mean the PHP for my websites. info.php shows me 5.0.5. So I guess the hotfix affected the PHP for my websites?

Thx, p@sco
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 8th August 2006, 09:39
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,964
Thanks: 825
Thanked 5,366 Times in 4,213 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasco
I mean the PHP for my websites. info.php shows me 5.0.5. So I guess the hotfix affected the PHP for my websites?
The hotfix can not affect the php installation for your websites.
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 8th August 2006, 18:19
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts
 
Default

Your main Apache's PHP and ISPConfig's PHP are totally independent from each other.

Please do this:
Code:
chmod 755 /var/named/
chmod 775 /var/named/chroot/
chmod 775 /var/named/chroot/var/
chmod 775 /var/named/chroot/var/named/
chmod 775 /var/named/chroot/var/run/
chmod 777 /var/named/chroot/var/run/named/
cd /var/named/chroot/var/named/
ln -s ../../ chroot
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ISPConfig Update and SSL disasm Installation/Configuration 3 12th October 2008 14:55
How to build packages that can be installed with the ISPConfig update function. till Tips/Tricks/Mods 3 18th February 2008 13:10
ISPConfig 2.2.4 released till General 25 18th July 2006 13:04
Ubuntu update from 5.10 to 6.06 - its allok for ispconfig? adrenalinic General 2 10th June 2006 20:28
ISPConfig 2.3.1-dev released till General 0 8th May 2006 22:18


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.