Old 21st February 2012, 09:01

Default Database Remote Access

Hello everyone,

I am facing a cind of but here and i thought it would be best if someone else could run a test also.

I am runing ispconfig 3.0.4.2 version along with centos 5.5.

On every mysql database i create i enable the Remote Access for start and after i make sure the site is live and ok i disable it...

now both remote(using navicat) and pma access is working fine during this time...

If latter i re-enable the remote access the database will not connect remotelly and after i manual restart mysql service it will not connect at all even with phpmyadmin.

Can everyone else verify that?
Sponsored Links
Old 21st February 2012, 10:33
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,332 Times in 4,184 Posts

You dont run the latest ispconfig version. So the first step if you have any problem is to update to the current ispconfig release as it does not maky any sense to try to verify problems in old releases that might have been fixed already.
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
Lionheart82 (22nd February 2012)
Old 22nd February 2012, 12:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
You dont run the latest ispconfig version. So the first step if you have any problem is to update to the current ispconfig release as it does not maky any sense to try to verify problems in old releases that might have been fixed already.
I did upgrade to the lattest version today, The bug is gone
Old 6th March 2012, 11:13

Does this mean that I can set remote access without any changes to code, and then continue as normal?

How do I connect to the database from another domain or sub domain? Do I tell that I want to use a database, or do I not tick that box?

Trond
Old 6th March 2012, 11:25
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,332 Times in 4,184 Posts

Quote:
Does this mean that I can set remote access without any changes to code, and then continue as normal?
There were never code changes required. Remote access is available for quite some time. This thread is just about a bug in 3.0.4.2 which ahs been fixed in 3.0.4.3.

Quote:
How do I connect to the database from another domain or sub domain?
Just likey any other connect, instead of localhost you use the hostname of the server that runs the mysql db.

Quote:
Do I tell that I want to use a database, or do I not tick that box?
You have to enable the checkbox if you want to access the database from a remote location. Optionally you can limit the access to specific remote Ip addresses.