Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 23rd February 2013, 19:13

Default Lost access to control panel on port 8080

Hi Team,

OK so the other day I did something really stupid and ran the BarracudaDrive installation on my ISPConfig3, Debian Squeeze, Apache server.

Now I honestly thought that the install script would prompt me for several things but no. The first thing it did was to remove Apache and a load of other stuff without prompting. Too late to go back.

The result was that my system was messed up completely.

I managed to remove BarracudaDrive from the system and have been struggling to get the ISPConfig stuff working.

All the domains hosted under ISPConfig3 are working. However, my main problems are:-

1) Unable to access ISPConfig control panel under ssl and port 8080
2) Unable to access webmail

Now, to get around not being able to access the control panel as before, I have copied the "interface" folder to a subfolder of an existing domain so I CAN access the control panel from http://www.mydomain.com/ispconfig/

I have also reinstalled Squirrellmail and now webmail appears to work, however I can't access it via the http://www.mydomain.com/webmail as the alias appears to be broke. I had to add a new alias and edit the webmailer.php file to create a link to http://www.mydomain.com/email which works.

So, as you can see, my system is up and running in some sort of experimental way. But I would like to know why I can't access the ISPConfig admin on port 8080. All I get is:-

Code:
SSL connection error
Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.
Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): SSL protocol error.
I would also like to get the links back for "webmail" and I believe "cp" so users can access their webmail and control panels.

Any help is appreciated on this. I;ve spent 2 days cleaning up and am almost there but just need the couple of errors left above resolved before I'm back to a fully working system.

Regards

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Old 23rd February 2013, 21:20

Have you tried restoring
  • ISPCONFIG BACKUP(If you have a recent backup)
  • Reinstallation of ISPCONFIG
Old 23rd February 2013, 21:28

Thank Pawan,

I had a backup from when ISPConfig was first installed. However no backups since all the sites were added.

I have not reinstalled ISPConfig as I was unsure how to remove it in order to reinstall. All the sites / domains are up and running so I didn't want to jeopardise anything further. I read forums etc that stated when removing ISPConfig almost all the configuration and files are deleted.

Is there such a thing as a non-destructive removal and re-install that will keep all the data intact ?

Regards

Jeff
Old 24th February 2013, 23:26

Reinstallation of ISPCONFIG is non-destructive & safe in my opinion.

As a safeguard, you can take a backup of your current setup, so if anything goes wrong, your can always restore your setup as you in.