Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 26th January 2012, 18:07

Default Separate static/dynamic webserver? (nginx + Django + Amazon AWS)

Hi,

I have been using ISPConfig for over 4 years now on a simple Apache + PHP server. Now I have to move a different server to the Amazon Cloud but it's going to be difficult.

Currently this server is an all-in-one on with everything from mail to dns service running on it with WHM/Cpanel. I'm trying very hard to convince the owner to forget the stupid and ugly WHM and go for the sweet and sexy ISPConfig. The question is if we'll be able to do the setup?

The plan now is to have a separate database server (no problem so far...) and two separate web servers; one for static one for dynamic contents.
Obviously I will need to have the same accounts on both servers but different content in their directories.

So my question is: is it possible? If yes, how (I don't need a guide, just some hints)?
I know I could do mirroring which might do it but then I would end up paying twice for the storage. Somehow I should sync the account settings and the /var/www/* structure.

And the kicker is that I have to do it with Django, not with PHP. But I hope that will be a little hack only...

Thanks,
Attila
Sponsored Links