Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Feature Requests

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 22nd January 2010, 22:25

Default Squirrelmail and Ispconfig 3

hey guys, dont know if this has been requested before but, i feel that it would be a great addition to the ispconfig 3 control panel if there was an option to move/configure squirrelmail to a single site, and or just be able to configure squirrelmail through the ispconfig 3 control panel. i do not know if this is possiable but it would be a very nice feature that i believe most people would use it.
I do no that squirrelmail is not writen by the ispconfig 3 team so i understand that this might not happen but even have a way in the install to set a site for squirrelmail would be great! maybe have it default to /mail if no other site is set?

Hopefully we can figure this out,

Doginal
Sponsored Links
Old 23rd January 2010, 04:14

Send a message via MSN to oilyflutesalad

You can get to SquirrelMail from www.yourdomain.com/webmail

Unofficial ISPConfig IRC: #ISPConfig on irc.quakenet.org
Old 26th January 2010, 21:53

But it will not be available if you use mod_fcgid instead of mod_php. Am i right ?
Old 26th January 2010, 22:34

Send a message via MSN to oilyflutesalad

I don't know, I've always used mod_php. Hopefully somebody else will know the answer though

Unofficial ISPConfig IRC: #ISPConfig on irc.quakenet.org
Old 27th January 2010, 06:43

I don't know if this was the right way but I am using mod_fcgi and I just create a link from the command line in each user web to /usr/share/squirrelmail/

Seems to be working just fine. Was this correct?
Old 16th March 2010, 06:07

ISPConfig is an open source hosting control panel for Linux. ISPConfig is licensed under BSD license.I have also used mod_php.On most systems the owner of the website manages the passwords for his email accounts and not the email user itself.
Old 18th April 2010, 04:57

Squirrelmail works fine with ispconfig3 (even mod_php). I have it (nutsmail actually) and i even wrote a plugin to automatically create the user preferences on user creation and update (should the name have been spelt wrong when created).
Old 18th January 2012, 19:35

Send a message via AIM to epretorious Send a message via Yahoo to epretorious Send a message via Skype™ to epretorious

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doginal View Post
...i feel that it would be a great addition to the ispconfig 3 control panel if there was an option to move/configure squirrelmail to a single site, and or just be able to configure squirrelmail through the ispconfig 3 control panel.
IIUC, what Doginal is looking for is a single interface for configuring the way that Squirrelmail functions across all of ISPConfig's clients/sites. Yes?