Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 17th January 2012, 21:19

Default Suddely, I can't create new sites

I have ISPConfig 3.0.4 under Fedora15, with MySQL 5.5. I've had it up for months, and have created about 7 web sites under 3 clients, running things like Joomla, WordPress, basic web sites, and so on. Everything has been working perfectly.

However, today ISPConfig suddenly refuses to create new web sites. It all seems to work, as the new site appears in ISP's lists, so the database entry is being made. But -- the directories under /var/www/clients/client... are not created, and no vhost file appears in /etc/httpd/conf/sites-available/.

The only thing I've screwed with lately was a minor change to the session.save_path variable in php.ini, in order to get phpMyAdmin running -- it has been turned off since I don't like the security implications. However, setting it back hasn't fixed things. (On a side note, I would like a definitive opinion on how session.save_path should be set, either globally in php.ini, or in each of the vhost files)

I have pored over everything I can think of, but I haven't seen any error messages in logs, or other odd behaviour. All existing sites are still working fine, but I can't create any new ones, and this bugs me.

Any thoughts/suggestions/tips?

Thanks
Norm
Sponsored Links
Old 18th January 2012, 15:13
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,254 Times in 4,120 Posts

Are there any pending actions listed in the ispconfig interface under Monitor > Jobqueue?
Old 18th January 2012, 20:06

Thanks for the reply, and the pointer about the Pending Job Queue. Since I was under some pressure to get a new site up and running, I took some extreme action, based on another post that I had seen on a similar topic.

To wit, I dumped the database to a backup, uninstalled ISPConfig, then re-installed it from a fresh expansion of the tarball. After verifying that it was running, I then replaced the database with the backup.

Everything seems to be fine now, and I was able to create the new site.

Thanks again for the tip, and I'll certainly start there if anything weird happens in the future.

Cheers
Norm