Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 5th January 2012, 17:55

Nope, it was a brand new blank OS install. All I've done is follow the Perfect Server guide. Haven't touched anything else on the server except to add an iptables rule to allow access on 8080.

As I said, it was working fine and then just suddenly stopped with no changes which is why I'm so baffled.

It's this error that's the most confusing (when I try and start ISPConfig): PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function connect() on a non-object in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.php on line 43

It appears that line 43 is referencing a function provided by the included files, which are obviously loading fine, since they aren't erroring on the require_once function.

Is there anything I can do to provide more diagnostics or should I just try a complete reinstall of ISPConfig?

Last edited by ChaoticReality; 5th January 2012 at 17:59.
Sponsored Links
Old 5th January 2012, 19:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticReality View Post
PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function connect() on a non-object in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.php on line 43
The error means that $app->dbmaster is not an object, which seems unusual.

Code:
/*
 * Try to Load the server configuration from the master-db
 */
if ($app->dbmaster->connect()) {
If we follow the trail, we find the following in server/lib/app.php, line 44:

Code:
/*
Initialize the connection to the master DB, 
if we are in a multiserver setup
*/

if($conf['dbmaster_host'] != '' && $conf['dbmaster_host'] != $conf['db_host']) {
	$this->dbmaster = new db;
} else {
	$this->dbmaster = $this->db;
}
So, it appears to be a configuration problem relative to your database. Why the parser is descending into the "multiserver setup" block is beyond me... unless, of course, you elected to configure for multiserver during install.

That said, you shouldn't have to be debugging PHP code to get ISPConfig up-and-running. Either there's a bug in the code or your DB setup is fundamentally flawed.

I could be wrong
Old 5th January 2012, 21:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbj4074 View Post
So, it appears to be a configuration problem relative to your database. Why the parser is descending into the "multiserver setup" block is beyond me... unless, of course, you elected to configure for multiserver during install.

That said, you shouldn't have to be debugging PHP code to get ISPConfig up-and-running. Either there's a bug in the code or your DB setup is fundamentally flawed.

I could be wrong

Thanks for your analysis. I did wonder when looking at the code if it could be a database problem. mysqld shows no failed logins which is what I suspected the most likely problem would be.

I didn't choose multi-server as far as I know and I'm not sure how my DB setup could get so messed up already, since it was installed/setup as part of the ISPConfig installation.

I'm about to wipe all the packages just down to the base os and try installing via the Perfect Server guide again. Thanks for all your help, i'll let you know if the problem reproduces.