Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 11th September 2014, 05:03

Unhappy i mess up everything from the start

I upgrade all slave server on my clustered setup, not by runnging the ispconfig update script but by removeing all dbispconfig db and ispconfig user and also /usr/local/ispconfig, and do a new install of the latest version.
What happens i after each server install , then i add is to the panel , but there's the problem, the existing detail on the panel cannot replicate to the slaves, either i did not finish the update or anything like that.

Then lastly i update my panel server a i did above, and here is the main problem, i use tar pcf to zip my ispconfig folder but when run tar zxvf file.tar.gz it result with un recoverable message .... in addition to that after dumping my dbispoconfig db to the new emtpy dbisconfig db and access to panel webpage ... their's whole lot's of php code appear even i cannot logi .... anybody have any idea before i redo my whole setup ....... ????
Sponsored Links
Old 11th September 2014, 07:44
HowtoForge Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to srijan

Quote:
i use tar pcf to zip my ispconfig folder but when run tar zxvf file.tar.gz it result with un recoverable message
It seems that that the zip archive was not done successfully.
Old 11th September 2014, 09:30
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,496 Times in 4,326 Posts

Quote:
I upgrade all slave server on my clustered setup, not by runnging the ispconfig update script but by removeing all dbispconfig db and ispconfig user and also /usr/local/ispconfig, and do a new install of the latest version.
What you did is not an update. you simply destroyed all servers by removing their databases.

Quote:
What happens i after each server install , then i add is to the panel , but there's the problem, the existing detail on the panel cannot replicate to the slaves, either i did not finish the update or anything like that.
Thats what you can expect when you destroy the slave databases. The master recognizes them as empty or damaged and will not replicate data until you restore the original databases that match the data series of the master.

If you want to update a ispconfig system, then NEVER remove any files or databases. Just run the ispconfig_update.sh script as described in the update instructions.

Quote:
Then lastly i update my panel server a i did above, and here is the main problem, i use tar pcf to zip my ispconfig folder but when run tar zxvf file.tar.gz it result with un recoverable message ....
This means that your tar.gz file is damaged.

Quote:
in addition to that after dumping my dbispoconfig db to the new emtpy dbisconfig db and access to panel webpage ... their's whole lot's of php code appear even i cannot logi .... anybody have any idea before i redo my whole setup ....... ????
Maybe the ispconfig version that you installed now and the ispconfig version where you put the dump were not the same.
Old 11th September 2014, 09:35

Wink

thanks srijan for your kind reply appreciate that ...
are you aware that it can be recovered or not ????
i think this is the danger of trying to shortcut, i did not read the forums regarding update/upgrade ispconfig, anyway the good part is i manage to make sure the service is running smoothly , and now i have to rebuild my whole setup ... i'll wait another day and see if someone have an idea or else i have no other choice but to redo the whole setup again.

Regards
Maile
Old 11th September 2014, 09:39

Wink

thanks srijan for your kind reply appreciate that ...
are you aware that it can be recovered or not ????
i think this is the danger of trying to shortcut, i did not read the forums regarding update/upgrade ispconfig, anyway the good part is i manage to make sure the service is running smoothly , and now i have to rebuild my whole setup ... i'll wait another day and see if someone have an idea or else i have no other choice but to redo the whole setup again.

Regards
Maile

Note
I attache the screen shot when accessing the new ispconfig version
Attached Images

Old 11th September 2014, 09:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
What you did is not an update. you simply destroyed all servers by removing their databases.

Thats what you can expect when you destroy the slave databases. The master recognizes them as empty or damaged and will not replicate data until you restore the original databases that match the data series of the master.

Actually i dump it and restore each dbispconfig on each slave server after each new installation. Every thing seems normal , adding new detail is replicate, only the existing detail on the panel i have to delete and add again , only then it replicate ....

If you want to update a ispconfig system, then NEVER remove any files or databases. Just run the ispconfig_update.sh script as described in the update instructions.

i just confirm that after this mistake i make ....

This means that your tar.gz file is damaged.

is it possible that my original ispconfig directory can be recovered or else i have to do the install a new.

Maybe the ispconfig version that you installed now and the ispconfig version where you put the dump were not the same.
the ispconfig version i upgrade to is the latest. All my slave and lastly the panel i upgrade to it.

Anyway what is your best advice, do you think any chance that i can recover from this otherwise i will redo my setup again.
Old 11th September 2014, 10:01
Super Moderator

Regarding the sql issues: it seems as if you restred a old database on a new ispconfig install. so your database layout does not match the installed ispconfig version, its just too old. To fix that, you will have to do a correct update:

Download the ispconfig tar.gz, unpack it, run the update.php script in the install folder and let the updater reconfigure your system.
Old 11th September 2014, 10:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
Regarding the sql issues: it seems as if you restred a old database on a new ispconfig install. so your database layout does not match the installed ispconfig version, its just too old. To fix that, you will have to do a correct update:

Download the ispconfig tar.gz, unpack it, run the update.php script in the install folder and let the updater reconfigure your system.
do i have to reconfigure permission in master database or no
Old 11th September 2014, 10:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by maileh View Post
do i have to reconfigure permission in master database or no
I did this to my panel server and PAM !!!! i am able to access to it on a normal view ......

for the rest of the slave, shall i re run the update.php???in each of them, and maybe this will allow me to edit my pre existing data on the panel before i re install them as mention ealier ???...

please confirm before i do that ?????
Old 11th September 2014, 10:20
Super Moderator

In your case you should choose yes. Normally you would choose yes on one of the slaves, it does not matter whch one as the function updates the permissions for all slaves.