Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 15th November 2011, 16:53

Default Reconfigure Network w/ ISPConfig 3

Hi,
I currently have a new box with ISPConfig 3.0.4 loaded and everything is working great (thanks Till, Falko, and the rest of HowToForge). I would have set this new box up a different way had I know this was going to be an issue. My first box is small - Raid 5 6x80 GB, just under 500 GB. This box was experiencing load balancing issues until I added more IPS. However, these are all public IPs where the Modem's LAN Ports are only passive. No port forwarding. Any Lan port can connect to any box (or PC, Game, etc.) as long as the IP, DNS, Gateway, etc. is placed in the machine. So box one has consumed two expensive public IPs. I have two left. The new box has no websites but is set-up with the

system-config-network using one of the public IPs and ISPConfig's CPanel (System) is set-up this way, and the database too. I have a new load balancer to prevent the same mistake before placing websites, so I can use multiple 192.168.1.XX. Problem:

What do I reconfigure first? The IP, netmask, gateway, etc. in ISPConfig CPanel?

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links