Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 10th November 2011, 17:29

Default ISPConfig 3 redirects to wrong domain

Unbuntu 10.04 perfert setup and updated
ISPConfig 3.0.3.3

Scenario: Logged in as a reseller, I created a client. Because the client wants a simple website I set the limits for subdomains and aliases to 0.

When I went to test the site, I can reach domain.tld but not www.domain.tld

Realizing that I need the domain to have a subdomain (auto-subdomain) to see www, as the reseller I changed subdomain to 1 but it does not seem to have had any effect.

The server's name is server1.domain-1.tld. When I try to visit the www.domain.tld it redirects to www.domain-1.tld which resides on another machine and at a completely different IP address.

I have checked the vhost file and the ServerAlias line changes from * to www when changed in ISPConfig. It seems the limit has not changed for the client. How can I fix this other that delete the client a create anew?

Also why the redirect to www of the base domain?
Sponsored Links
Old 10th November 2011, 17:32
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,650 Times in 4,460 Posts

Quote:
The server's name is server1.domain-1.tld. When I try to visit the www.domain.tld it redirects to www.domain-1.tld which resides on another machine and at a completely different IP address.
Then the DNS record for www.domain-1.tld points to the wrong IP address. So thats not a issue with the website on your ispconfig server.
Old 10th November 2011, 17:44

Default Solved

The DNS setting were correct.

It seems I had to flush what Firefox 8.0 knew to get it to work. I had closed and restarted firefox, even shutdown and restarted the machine, but that was not enough. I had to Tools->Options->Privacy->Clear all to get it working.

Thanks for the quick reply.