Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 3rd November 2011, 11:03
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,240 Times in 4,108 Posts

Quote:
The biggest note: Don't place an "upgrade" link inside of any software design when you don't know or intend for it to function perfectly. If your original intent is for any upgrade to perform at its best through SSH, remove the option to update by CPanel.
The upgrade link works fine on my systems. Just tested the upgrade again from 3.0.3.3 to 3.0.4. That I recommend to use the shell script is just a general consideration as you have more control over the update process and see error messages. It does not mean that the update function in the interface dont work. You mentioned above that the update link in the dashboard opened the auto update page as you clicked on it, on my servers it opened the ispconfig.org download page where you find the download link and release notes with instructions for this specific update.

I'am not able to help you with the issues on your server if you dont answer the questions that I ask you.
Sponsored Links
Old 3rd November 2011, 11:23

The upgrade link you're referring to is located at the top, as an alert, not the link that is there at all times, located on the bottom left under "System". This link in always available in ISPConfig. The "notice" (top center) takes you to the download link, yes. This is not what I used. I elected to use the "System" "Update ISPConfig" (lower left)

The amavisd.conf was wiped-out...empty. I "robbed" a copy of the file from server two, which is still ISPC 3.0.3.3 and that did the trick. At the moment, I am attempting to treat Dovecot the same way, only it is tricker. Fedora 14 64 bit in ISPConfig only works w/ dovecot 1.2.x, ot the latest 2.0.x (this should have been implemented with the update of ISPConfig....the ATRM for fed. 14 65 bit in 1.2.x is no longer even listed as a link rpm. Deprecated) So, the mail is still stuck in the clientmqueue. Amavisd is running fine. Postfix is fine

This file (and path) does exist. config.inc.php The file is empty.
Old 3rd November 2011, 11:35

Ok, Till

Progress. I robbed this file too from the other server. However, it won't let me log in because it is stating "Incorrect Password" The MySql DB is running, this file was "robbed" from a server with ISPConfig 3.0.3.3. Do any changes need to be made? Where can I reset the password? The mail system no longer works, so that is not an option. At least the 500 IS error is gone and the CPanel interface launches (or tries to)

Thanks.
Old 3rd November 2011, 12:01
Super Moderator

You still havent answered a lot of questions from the above posts, so I dont know what you did from the suggested steps and you did not post the messages that you got after running the update manually. So I can mainly guess what you did till now due to lack of posted infos.

Quote:
Do any changes need to be made?
Yes. Please download ispconfig 3.0.4, you can find the master template for the file in install/tpl/config.inc.php.master. Use that file and just replace the login details in the lines:

$conf['db_host'] = '{mysql_server_host}';
$conf['db_database'] = '{mysql_server_database}';
$conf['db_user'] = '{mysql_server_ispconfig_user}';
$conf['db_password'] = '{mysql_server_ispconfig_password}';

with the correct details for your setup. The details for your setup can be found e.g. in the mysql* files in the /etc/postfix/ directory. Dont reset the password of the ispconfig user in mysql, instaed check if the password in the postfix files work and then use that password in the ispconfig config.inc.php file.

Quote:
he mail system no longer works, so that is not an option.
Again, if you dont post details, nobody will be able to help you!
Old 3rd November 2011, 12:08

Till,

I reviewed each of your requests and can't seem to find one that I did not give you the direct outcome, output, etc. Just looked through the threads and didn't see one unanswered????
Old 3rd November 2011, 12:20

Also,

I have posted this at least twice. I can't download 3.0.4 because I get this error:

PHP notice: Undefined variable: conf in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/update.php on line 76
Old 3rd November 2011, 12:27
Super Moderator

- #6 No file content posted (not nescessary to post it anymore as you seem to reach the interface again, just listed here as example for what I mean).
- Have you done #17? Is DNS working again after you fixed that so that you could redo #12? Have ou redone #12 then?
- Whats with #19 2)?
- Whats with #24, mailsystem errors?

Please dont get me wrong, this is not meant as rant. But if I dont get detailed information about the problem and which steps you did already, I simply cant help much.

Just a guess for the reasons of your problems, have you edited the php.ini on your server and changed any values since you installed ispconfig? Especially have you disabled any php functions by adding them to "disable_functions" in php.ini?
Old 3rd November 2011, 12:28
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by midcarolina View Post
Also,

I have posted this at least twice. I can't download 3.0.4 because I get this error:

PHP notice: Undefined variable: conf in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/update.php on line 76
And I posted what you should check in post #17 to solve that.
Old 3rd November 2011, 12:44

Till,

OK, Here we go:

#17 Check
#12 Check - does not work - errors sent
#19 - 2 Check
#24 Maillogs - This excerpt is fairly repetitive, it pretty much repeats on this block of info:

Nov 3 03:26:56 webserverone postfix/smtpd[2242]: connect from ham-cannon.twitter.com[199.59.148.231]
Nov 3 03:26:56 webserverone postfix/smtpd[2242]: warning: SASL: Connect to private/auth failed: No such file or directory
Nov 3 03:26:56 webserverone postfix/smtpd[2242]: fatal: no SASL authentication mechanisms
Nov 3 03:26:57 webserverone postfix/master[13821]: warning: process /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd pid 2242 exit status 1
Nov 3 03:26:57 webserverone postfix/master[13821]: warning: /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd: bad command startup -- throttling
Nov 3 03:28:37 webserverone postfix/anvil[2244]: statistics: max connection rate 1/60s for (smtp:199.59.148.231) at Nov 3 03:26:56
Nov 3 03:28:37 webserverone postfix/anvil[2244]: statistics: max connection count 1 for (smtp:199.59.148.231) at Nov 3 03:26:56
Nov 3 03:28:37 webserverone postfix/anvil[2244]: statistics: max cache size 1 at Nov 3 03:26:56
Nov 3 03:32:19 webserverone clamd.amavisd[2002]: SelfCheck: Database status OK.

I have made very little changes to php.ini. I think maybe file upload size is it.

Also, for the file that needs revision (for CPanel login), does the "host" need to change to "localhost" and db to "ispconfigdb" or leave at defaults and change only username and password?

Thanks Till
Old 3rd November 2011, 13:41

Till,

I have done everything in the book to change the password in the config.php file and nothing works. (Control Panel Interface)

/etc/resolv.conf brings an error nameserver not found. Open the file and there they are...plain as day. All of my sites are live...servers running, so the nameservers are working?