Old 2nd November 2011, 14:49

Default Disable autoreplies for alias

Hello,

Is it possible to disable autoreplies when an email is sent to an alias?

I have configured 3 mailboxes, let's say bob@domain.com, james@domain.com and john@domain.com, and there is also an alias support@domain.com who dispatch the email to each of those addresses.

If Bob activate the autoreply system for his email address it works fine, I receive an autoreply when I send him an email. The problem is when I send an email to the alias (support@domain.com), I also got the autoreply from Bob, which is not a good thing because the other 2 receive the email too and can answer.

Is there a way to activate the autoreply system only when an email is sent directly to the mailbox, and disable it (don't send a response) when the mail is sent to the alias?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 3rd November 2011, 11:06
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,485 Times in 4,317 Posts

There is no such config option available in ispconfig. The aliases are resolved by postfix in a early stage of delivery, so I'am not sure if it can be detected reliably if a email has been sent to an alias in the autoresponder script.