Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Feature Requests

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 24th October 2011, 16:37

Default IMAP off, for a mailbox but Roundcube usable?

I have seen that if one turns IMAP off in the admin panel for a mailbox, roundcube lets the user log in and send mails but shows no mails (without giving an error BTW!)

I'd like to have clients able to use roundcube but not IMAP from somewhere else. Is that possible? If not, this is a feature request

Maybe I need a bypass for IMAP and localhost or something..?
Sponsored Links
Old 24th October 2011, 16:55
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,339 Times in 4,188 Posts

Quote:
I have seen that if one turns IMAP off in the admin panel for a mailbox, roundcube lets the user log in and send mails but shows no mails (without giving an error BTW!)
Thats what disabling imap should do, imap is the protocol used by the mail client to show the emails of a mailbox. If you disable it, no emails get displayed.

Quote:
I'd like to have clients able to use roundcube but not IMAP from somewhere else.
Just close the imap port in the firewall.
Old 24th October 2011, 18:24

Maybe I didnt make it clear that I do want to offer IMAP for some of my clients sitting somewhere remote, but the other clients may ONLY use IMAP via the roundcube installed on the mailserver. That's the idea.

ISPConfig has a flag you may set for disabling POP3 and / or disabling IMAP for every mailbox. A third flag "Disable local IMAP" would be great. That why I call it a feature request..