Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 7th February 2011, 18:28

Default [SPAM] Banned rulenames

Hi,
I'm configuring the antispam policies for my mail server installed on Ubuntu 10 and ISPconfig3.
In the tab called "Other" of the "SpamFilter Policy" (I used the preconfigured Normal policy) I wanted to insert the name of a rule I don't want to be considered when amavis and spamassassin are trying to find out spammed mails.

I read what the manual says about that and I thought that inserting the HTML_MESSAGE rulename in the field "Banned rulenames" was sufficient but the score calculated by spamassassin still includes this rule evaluation.

Can someone help me? Didn't I understand something about?

Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Old 2nd November 2011, 12:38

Same problem here. I'm getting a lot of untagged SPAM mail because the rule RCVD_IN_DNSWL_HI gives very low score (-8) to these messages.
I put the rule RCVD_IN_DNSWL_HI in "Banned rulenames" of my spamfilter policy, but amavis log says (scanning the emails):

Nov 2 11:43:22 myhost.ex.com /usr/sbin/amavisd-new[22550]: (22550-19) INFO: unknown banned table name RCVD_IN_DNSWL_HI, recip=mymail@ex.com

How to avoid RCVD_IN_DNSWL_HI checks?
Thanx!
giuliano

Quote:
Originally Posted by lino View Post
Hi,
I'm configuring the antispam policies for my mail server installed on Ubuntu 10 and ISPconfig3.
In the tab called "Other" of the "SpamFilter Policy" (I used the preconfigured Normal policy) I wanted to insert the name of a rule I don't want to be considered when amavis and spamassassin are trying to find out spammed mails.

I read what the manual says about that and I thought that inserting the HTML_MESSAGE rulename in the field "Banned rulenames" was sufficient but the score calculated by spamassassin still includes this rule evaluation.

Can someone help me? Didn't I understand something about?

Thanks...
Old 2nd November 2011, 13:12
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,258 Times in 4,122 Posts

You can redefine the score of spamassassin rules in the file /etc/spamassassin/local.cf. To ignore that rule, set the score to 0. Then restart mavisd.
Old 2nd November 2011, 14:24

Thanks for your answer. Your method should work, I suppose. And I'll adopt if the solution I found will not be stable.
The solution for me was to change the DNS for my mailserver. The dsnwl.org is very very annoying and unleal. If it receives more than 100.000 request per day from the same DNS resolver, it responds with an "OK" as the IP spamassassin requested to check is really clean.
This is very uncorrect, in my opinion.
You can check the dnswl answer with
$host 84.91.139.98.list.dnswl.org
If the answer is
84.91.139.98.list.dnswl.org has address 127.0.5.0
you are ok.
If the answer is
84.91.139.98.list.dnswl.org has address 127.0.10.3
this means the DNS server you are using is over the 100.000 requests.
In the specific, I understud the final 3 means "HI trusted", 0 means "I don't know nothing abut this IP"
Obviously in the case I reported, I'ts impossible the IP 84.91.139.98 is Hi trusted, so dnswl is forcing (in an horrible way) my attention to the fact that 100.000 requests are gone.

Anyway, I stopped using 8.8.8.8 as DNS server, and now everything is ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
You can redefine the score of spamassassin rules in the file /etc/spamassassin/local.cf. To ignore that rule, set the score to 0. Then restart mavisd.