Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 30th August 2011, 17:58

Default ISPConfig getting worse by the day

Trying to add a new site to "The Perfect Server" with ISPConfig 3. The Control Panel used to at least create everything and accessing worked fine (like phpMyAdmin, FTP, etc.) Now ISPConfig is creating all of the accounts, like a new FTP user for new domain. Shows up in ISPConfig 3 panel fine....doesn't work. Created MySql Database. While the table was always empty, at least the database name was there (as shown perfectly in CP), now had to manually name the database as well. Trying to connect and transfer files w/ FTP says "503 Login Authentication Failed". "Critical Error" Turned right around and logged into original site with same FTP credentials just fine. Settings in ISPConfig CP are "fine". ISPConfig seems to be getting worse with each passing day. Nothing works really at all.
Sponsored Links
Old 30th August 2011, 19:18
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,740 Times in 2,575 Posts

From your previous posts I get the impression that you are doing something fundamentally wrong, but it's hard to tell from the distance what it is. All I can say that ISPConfig is working as expected for me...

Did you check your logs? How exactly did you set up your server?

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 30th August 2011, 19:37

I followed HowToForge's "The Perfect Server" for Fedora 14 Linux to the tee. Every response I received along the way and upon completion was the exact expected response according to the install.
Old 30th August 2011, 21:57

Check logs is the best way for know what happens.

The ftp connection problems can be that you are banned by fail2ban.

Your server is connected through a firewall or NAT ?
Old 30th August 2011, 23:48

The server is connected through / via NAT. The only issue I have with the fail2ban possibilities is that the new domain / site is under the same account as the one that works (is live). That FTP client is set-up precisely as the new domain and accesses perfectly with SSH File Transfer or FTP.

Not sure that it matters anyway. I have checked bind...online perfectly...all servers using the ISPConfig "Monitor" are online. In the ISPConfig database, all websites (domains) are listed precisely, yet ISPConfig file system doesn't at all.

It may be time to consider another reliable control panel option. Any recommendations on a stable and less finicky open source control panel?
Old 31st August 2011, 07:37

I'm not sure I understand your problem. Some FTP accounts works fine and others not ?

When you talk about DB is a DB for site or ISPConfig's DB ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by midcarolina View Post
It may be time to consider another reliable control panel option. Any recommendations on a stable and less finicky open source control panel?
The problem isn't ISPConfig.

You should be check carefully processes, configuration files and logs for know what fails.

You can download a well configured ISPConfig images from here http://www.howtoforge.com/list-of-do...-vmware-images and compare it with your installation.
Old 31st August 2011, 13:53

Yes, you have it correct. One FTP is fine and the other is not. They are under the exact same account with the exact same steps taken to configure.

What I was referring to about the databases were two different items.

First, when you create a database in ISPConfig, and then log into phpMyAdmin, the database NAME is there, waiting for you to drop (or build) the tables. In ISPConfig's CP, it shows the new domain's database listed, named, etc., but logging into phpMyAdmin.....empty.

The other database issue is that when you add new sites using ISPConfig, the information that is shown in the Control Panel is also shown is ISPConfig's Database. Both site's information is staring me in the face in THIS database, yet the information is useless for the new site. ISPConfig created no file path for the new site, even though it did add the new web2 file.
Old 31st August 2011, 15:32
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,337 Times in 4,187 Posts

1) Check in the ispconfig monitor if there are any pending jobs listed in the jobqueue.
2) Check in the ispconfig monitor, if there are any errors listed in the system log.
3) get the directories created when you run:

/usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh

as root user on the shell?

4) Is the mysql root password in the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf correct?
Old 31st August 2011, 16:46

Till,

In the ISP "Monitor" Jobque, there is a one page list of items that range from dns items to ftp items and mail items. Under the "Action" section for all listed is "Update".

As for the system error log - this is empty

running /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh returns no action. It returns me to the [@root] prompt

As for /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf the answer is "Yes" the password is correct.
Old 31st August 2011, 21:17

If you have items in Jobqueue it means this actions isn't executed yet. If you add a new ftp account but is in queue this account doesn't work.

When you run

Code:
sh /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh
You should get

Code:
root@main:~# sh /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh
finished.
root@main:~#
And queue list will be empty.