Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 28th August 2011, 16:54

Default mail module doesnt work

I've installed fresh ISP config 3 on Centos 6.0 (folowed perfect manual). Everything went fine, but when I login into ISPConfig panel and click into "Email" module (big icon in header) nothing hapens (ispconfing doesnt show list of email domains...). Sites, dns... everthing works well, just email doesn't work (same if I click domain/alisa, email-mailbox... doesn't show list).

Please help.
Sponsored Links
Old 28th August 2011, 17:07

Is postfix running?
Is mysql running?

Check the outputs of:
netstat -tap
Old 28th August 2011, 17:52

yes both of them are running.
As I said, all other "modules" are working fine (so mysql works..), just when I click something inside "email" - it does show any list.
In apache log I cannot find any error. Is there any other (ispconfig specific) log to look at?
Old 28th August 2011, 18:07

In Server -> services is your mail server showing as online?

Have you tried logging into ISPConfig with a different browser?

Yes you can try this:

sh /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.sh

If all is well it will say "finished."

Also to get a verbose output do this:

sh -x /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.sh

And post the outputs.

Last edited by CSsab; 28th August 2011 at 18:11.
Old 28th August 2011, 18:20

Output of cronjob is:

Code:
+ PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
+ /usr/bin/php -q /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.php
PHP Warning:  strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.php on line 120
PHP Warning:  date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.php on line 120
PHP Warning:  date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.php on line 219
PHP Warning:  date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.php on line 235
PHP Warning:  date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.php on line 352
finished.
Probably thease warnings shouldn't be problem?

I'm not sure if I described my problem correctly.
When I click on "Email" in header of ispconfig, I get on left side correct navigator "Email Accounts", and below "Domain, Domain Alias...", but the "main part" of windows remains (it doesn't show "Email Domain list".). I'm attaching screenshot - after login i have clicked Email...

Thanks for help.
Attached Images

Old 28th August 2011, 18:42

Yes you described your problem correctly although I have never had this problem which is why I am asking you possibly silly questions .

Okay the timezone problem can be fixed by following the steps here:
http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53610
Old 28th August 2011, 18:47

Ok, I hope that someone will have any idea what can I do to fix this problem.
Old 28th August 2011, 18:52

Did you fix your timezone?
Old 28th August 2011, 19:06

Yes I did. cron_daily.php gives no error. But "mail module" in ISP config still doesn't work.
Old 28th August 2011, 19:11

Can you please restart your services:
/etc/init.d/postfix restart
/etc/init.d/mysql restart
/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

There are other things you can look at if this doesn't work.