Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Developers' Forum

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 30th April 2012, 14:17

Default Api method mail_user_add is not crating the mailbox

I am using ispconfig remoting api in order to create new mailbox user.
I have tried mail_user_add api method. Its returning a sucess method and details are saved in mail_user table. But there is no folder created under /var/vmail/email.biz folder.

I know that it creates the folder when it receives the mail. I tried to send mail to newly created user "hmmnoe@email.biz".

Log file says

temporary failure. Command output: ERR: authdaemon: s_connect() failed: Permission denied /usr/bin/maildrop: Unable to create a dot-lock at /var/vmail/email.biz/hmmnoe/21182.0.gsmtp.email.biz. )

Now i am unable figure out wass the exact problem is.Any help will be highly appreciated
Old 30th April 2012, 16:49
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,240 Times in 4,108 Posts

Most likely a parameter that you passed to the function was wrong e.g. you passed a wrong maildir path. See here for instructions to debug ispconfig:

http://www.faqforge.com/linux/debugg...-of-a-failure/
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
vinod.linux (30th April 2012)
Old 30th April 2012, 17:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
Most likely a parameter that you passed to the function was wrong e.g. you passed a wrong maildir path. See here for instructions to debug ispconfig:

http://www.faqforge.com/linux/debugg...-of-a-failure/
Yes i was passing wrong path for maildir. I modified it with correct one. Now directories are created even i can access the welcome mail but when i tried to send email to newly created mailbox i got following error

Apr 30 20:39:07 dianin postfix/smtpd[12659]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from localhost[127.0.0.1]: 554 5.1.1 <kev@email.biz>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<info@email.biz> to=<kev@email.biz> proto=ESMTP helo=<www.email.biz>
Apr 30 20:39:07 dianin postfix/smtpd[12659]: disconnect from localhost[127.0.0.1]
Old 30th April 2012, 17:38
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,240 Times in 4,108 Posts

Are the email and login field of the mail_user table filled in corrcty of the user that you created? Compare it with a user that you created in the ispconfig interface.
Old 1st May 2012, 09:12

Thumbs up Its working now

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
Are the email and login field of the mail_user table filled in corrcty of the user that you created? Compare it with a user that you created in the ispconfig interface.
Yes the problem was in one field, postfix field in user_data table was set to 'n' , i changed it into 'y' its working fine now.
Thanks Till