Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 12th July 2011, 03:48

Default Remote ISpConfig 3 Goes to Router

I am not a newbie to Linux (not an expert either). I have established several VPS or VDS on other host accounts, usually w/ CentOS. I have since built my own server using Fedora 14 Linux. I installed (what seems to be a successful install), ISPConfig 3 and when attempting a remote login, am taken to the login for the Cisco Linksys router. Using XXX.XX.151.90:8080 (w/http://) to login expecting the initial username and password (per pdf user's manual) to be admin, admin, but instead am taken to the router. I have checked to make sure that the correct ports are open. What else could I be missing? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 12th July 2011, 09:30

Change the port of ISP Config, your router use the same port for management. Don't forget to create a rule in firewall for access outside your network.
Old 12th July 2011, 16:57

Do you mean from :8080? That's sounds reasonable, only I don't know how to change the ports on ISPConfig. I do for the router. I bought the manual and have read it well. While it is good for setting-up and understanding ISPConfig, it doesn't give this type of information. Any suggestions or command line for doing so? Thanks again.
Old 12th July 2011, 17:51

Thanks to Till from another post (if you do a simple search)

"The fix would have been to change the port in the file /etc/apache2/sites-available/ispconfig.vhost."
Old 12th July 2011, 19:20

Thanks for the quick reply. The only problem is that I thought I was onto something similar, but yesterday when I checked, the command line stated that no such directory existed for /etc/apache2, to use /etc/hosts. I am using Fedora 14 x84_64 with the most updated packages and apache 2, so I am stumped. Sorry to bother, but thanks for your time, Bryan

Yeah, just tried it with /etc/apache2 and /etc/hosts (just to see). Both not found.
Old 13th July 2011, 08:48

What tutorial do you use to build your server? I'm not a Fedora user but I think that apache is httpd, or just apache (without 2). Or if you can change the management port for the router...
don't bother to change the port for ISPConfig.... just create a rule that 8080 point to the internal IP of your server. Or if you can update ISPConfig, when it ask on what port do you want to use for it.

Last edited by Ghostdare; 13th July 2011 at 08:52. Reason: Later edit
Old 13th July 2011, 17:31

Hi Ghostdare, it is ironic that you thought in advance of the solution. I did something similar and got everything working just great. Although I had already opened several ports in "port forwarding" in the router, such as 21 for ftp, 22 for ssh, 80, 8080, and several more strictly necessary to run the server etc., I perused the router a bit more, then Googled my findings. This is what resolved the issue (at least for a Cisco Linksys using Cisco Connect):

There is Upnp which allows for http:// and https:// connection. After I enabled Upnp, rebooted the router, everything was perfect. I would have thought port forwarding would be enough, but apparently it needed Upnp enabled. Now, I don't know the forum rules in detail, but I ran into (what I consider a significantly smaller problem).

The database was not complete for ISPConfig, so I figured an update would resolve...no go. I couldn't log in because the sys_user was missing in the db , so I opened a new tar.gz file and "robbed" to dbispinconfig.sql file. Bingo!!! Now here is the catch, everything is operable so far, except that it won't allow me to create a servername inside of ispcong and I can't really create (in the right manner and fully) accounts and set quotas without this fundamental beginning. Any ideas? Thanks for all the help too.
Old 13th July 2011, 18:01

Try a forced update of ISP Config. Download the latest version of ISPC3.

Code:
cd /tmp
wget http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3-stable.tar.gz
tar xvfz ISPConfig-3-stable.tar.gz
cd ispconfig3_install/install
php -q update.php
Change ISPConfig-3-stable.tar.gz with actual name if has a different name.
Old 13th July 2011, 18:35

Ok, gave that a try and here is the end result error I receive:

This application will update ISPConfig 3 on your server.
PHP Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/update.lib.php on line 98
PHP Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/update.lib.php on line 98

I know a tidbit about array, but not enough to adjust the file. Thanks Ghostdare
Old 14th July 2011, 13:00

I'm sorry.... this error beats me.