Old 2nd June 2014, 07:20

Default Owncloud with SSL

Hi All,

I have built an Ubuntu "Perfect Server 14.04", and set up a website for owncloud.mydomain.com which I access using owncloud.mydomain.com/owncloud

I would like to use https to access the owncloud server, particularly when outside my LAN, but I am unable to find a relevant "How-To" for doing this.

I wonder if anyone knows of a "How-To" to guide me through this. At the moment, if I try to connect using https I get the following error in Firefox:
==========================================
Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to owncloud.wayville.net. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. (Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

Or in Chromium:

Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.
Error code: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

========================================

Hope someone can assist in some way. Other than that, love the "Perfect Server" series. Many thanks for all the work.

Regards,

Alan
Sponsored Links