Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Developers' Forum

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 23rd June 2011, 10:04
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,414 Times in 4,257 Posts

You can use the sys_config table.
Sponsored Links
Old 1st July 2011, 17:40

Is there a variable where to check if I am a slave or if I am master server?

Right now, I am checking if $conf['dbmaster_host'] is empty or not to know if I am a slave or master... this is not the best way to check it...

(as I could see, in master server that variable is empty, if it is slave, it has the hostname of the master server...)

I think that there is a better way to check this... more simple I think... could you help me? I did'nt have enough time to check all ispconfig structure and variables...

My approach is:

If I am a slave, I have to save locally timestamp of last read line in ftptraffic log and next save traffic in ftp_traffic in master server.

If I am master, I have to save both locally, timestamp and ftp traffic.
Old 4th July 2011, 12:48
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,414 Times in 4,257 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by erosbk View Post
Is there a variable where to check if I am a slave or if I am master server?
if ($app->dbmaster == $app->db) {
echo "This is a master server";
}
Old 5th July 2011, 16:52

I made the script, I can assume that it will work for a multiserver (with one or more ftp/web servers) environment -Debian, pureftpd, log set as stats:-

Only tested with ftp/web server in master server... I will test it in VMs in the next weeks to see if it is working correctly (only thing I need to test, is to add ftp_traffic in master server, give INSERT, UPDATE, SELECT privileges for each slave (or just for ftp slave?) and test, test and test...

Right now, It is just crude code, including this files: require('/usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php');
require('/usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/app.inc.php');

But only using a few variables/classes/functions of them...

I don't have enought time to investigate all ispconfig as I wish, so... I need your guidance...

1) Have a look here please if you want to see the "ugly working code" (will be improved soon...)

http://www.tecatest.com.ar/test.txt

2) How can I replace this check? (do I am a FTP server??)

Code:
$myhostname = gethostname();

$conn = mysql_connect($conf['db_host'], $conf['db_user'], $conf['db_password']) or die                      ('Error connecting to mysql');
mysql_select_db($conf['db_database']);
$result = mysql_query("select count(server_id) FROM server WHERE file_server=1 and server_name='$myhostname'");
mysql_close($conn);

$ftpvalid = mysql_fetch_array($result);

if ($ftpvalid[0] > 0) //Do I am a FTP server???, if yes... continues, master or slave is the same

3) I think that ISPConfig3 has some functions to handle update/insert to dbmaster/dblocal... how can I replace this?

Code:
$conn = mysql_connect($conf['dbmaster_host'], $conf['dbmaster_user'], $conf['dbmaster_password']) or die            $
mysql_select_db($conf['dbmaster_database']);
$result = mysql_query("select count(username) from ftp_traffic where username='$ftp_user' and traffic_date='$ftp_dat$
$row = mysql_fetch_array($result);
mysql_close($conn);
if ($row[0] == 0) // No record found, so... insert in master into ftp_traffic
{
        $query = "insert into ftp_traffic values ('$ftp_domain[0]','$ftp_user','$ftp_date',$ftp_type,'$ftp_bytes')";
}
else // Update ftp_traffic in master
{
       $query = "update ftp_traffic set traffic_bytes=traffic_bytes+'$ftp_bytes' where username='$ftp_user' and tra$
}
$conn = mysql_connect($conf['dbmaster_host'], $conf['dbmaster_user'], $conf['dbmaster_password']) or die            $
mysql_select_db($conf['db_database']);
mysql_query($query);
mysql_close($conn);