Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 5th June 2011, 15:41

Default SquirrelMail to Mac Mail Settings...

I am trying to configure an external mail client on my mac to receive and send mail on the new server I have set up using the instructions for The Perfect Server - Ubuntu 10.10 [ISPConfig 3]

Using Squirrel Mail to send and receive mail works fine but when I try to configure my Mac Mail or any other mail client I can get mail to receive but am not able to send.

I have set up my Mac Mail app on POP out going and in coming servers as mail.mydomain.com, now when I check squirrelmail-configure and locate the server settings for SMTP I see it is configured for localhost… I have tried setting this to mail.mydoamin.com but this just breaks squirrelmail so I’ve had to revert back to the localhost setting for SMTP, this change never allowed me to send mail using Mac Mail anyway.

Does anyone have any solution, fix or work around for this issue?

Thanks.

Last edited by memac; 5th June 2011 at 15:46.
Sponsored Links